UPS instructed to deliver iPhones first for today?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matthewskyle, Oct 14, 2011.

1. matthewskyle macrumors member

May seem rather obvious or even a stupid question, but when I answered the door the UPS guy greeted me with "The new iPhone is here YAAAAAYY" in a rather funny tone. After signing it, I looked at my box and realized that there was no identification on it that it was an apple product. So I wondered if Apple and UPS had a deal to where their drivers delivered all the iPhones in their route before anything else...And not to mention, have them do it in a rather pleasant way...I couldn't think of a funnier thing to wake up and witness..especially since I've been out of college:)

2. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

Apple may have, but I know Verizon didn't. I am still waiting for mine to come in (it's 4:30 here) :(

3. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

come on dude my grandma knows the iphone comes out today. if you are a package driver and you see hundreds of packages on your truck all the same size all sig required what would you think was in the box

no way in hell they were told to deliver them first because mine still hasn't got here at 20 minutes to 5 est

4. fjrabon macrumors regular

well, they were put on the express trucks. In my neighborhood they were delivered just like the regular UPS express packages (came a few hours before normal UPS Ground) And it doesnt take a genius to figure out that it's an iPhone when you have a few thousand exactly identical boxes on your truck.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If Apple did then I would like to know what first thing means to UPS. It's 4:40 pm and no UPS yet.

6. JeffMonty macrumors member

The UPS guy that came this morning at 10:30 knew right away what it was and when he asked me to sign he told me he had about 100 more to deliver before his day was over.

7. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

8. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

DoofenshmirtzEI

Hundreds of thousands of identical boxes being delivered today, and you think the drivers don't know what is in them?

9. dnkbro macrumors regular

UPS gives priority to deliveries for businesses over residential deliveries.

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

FWIW, about 30 minutes after receiving my phone from UPS, a second UPS truck dropped off something I'd ordered from Amazon (unrelated).

Wouldn't surprise me if they had some dedicated trucks delivering iphones.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Considering they've been delivering these for years, it's not too surprising that they would know what's in the box.

12. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

that just goes back to where some orders were stamped deliver before noon and some were guaranteed by the end of the day.

13. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

Mine rang the door and said "HEEEEERESSSS JOHNNY!"

Not sure whats going on.

Few minutes later he came back and admitted to being a land shark.

Since none of you are old enough to get that, I'll just pretend in my head otherwise.

14. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

My driver said UPS was making him crazy today, I assume he had similar orders. I gave him a a 6 pack for his troubles.

15. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I got both references. But, then, I'm older than dirt. :p:D

16. jmgregory1 macrumors 65816

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    There are definitely no instructions for UPS to deliver the iPhones first - I'm still waiting for UPS and it's 3:44 cst here. No trucks at all have stopped and I'm my building and the one next to me are normal business delivery stops. They should not have held the delivery as mine was in Louisville Tuesday morning and could have been delivered Wednesday or even yesterday. This blows as I'm going to leave and even though I signed off on delivery, they'll probably not deliver it. So much for it being an express service.

17. Adam Sofa macrumors newbie

ups had trucks delivering iPhones today.

i say this because my normal ups driver came and dropped off my daily packages, then about an hour later a second truck came dropping off my 2 iPhones.

18. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

No, they are not delivering iPhones first. They simply drive the most efficient route for deliveries that day.

Bryan

19. GhostMac24 macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

For risk of dating myself.......I absolutely appreciate some SNL flashbacks. The only thing this thread needs is more cowbell.

20. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Yah, when mine came the driver said "Someone's getting a new iPhone." He also told me that all he's delivering today are iPhones.

21. gillybean macrumors 6502a

The UPS guy dropped off both my iPhone and also a separate unrelated package that I had ordered from Amazon on Wednesday.

22. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Not true. The iPhones (at least mine) were sent Express, which is usually delivery by 10:30 or noon. They didn't just put them on a truck with all the normal deliveries. How do I know? I have two other packages due to arrive from UPS today. My iPhone arrived a little before 11am. My other two packages are still out for delivery. I'm expecting them around the time UPS usually visits our house, which is between 6:30 and 8pm.

23. deeddawg macrumors 604

Very true, my order was by end of day and showed up at 11:15am.

24. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

gillybean... hmm... I think we have a mutual friend in real life. :D

25. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

hell it will be dark soon i'm about to get my ski mask out and take all the phones off the damn truck