UPS IPhone 4S anticipation....then heartbreak!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mikewhat, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Mikewhat macrumors newbie

I was following the travels of my new IPhone 4s today at work. Finally, I was emailed that it had arrived at my house at 11:37 am (my wife's mother signed for it). When I returned home from work happily I picked up the new box and thought to myself....this sure feels light. Yes, I opened the box and it was completely empty!! Filed a police report, UPS compliant and of course called Apple. Nobody has returned my calls yet with an answer..have not disputed the charge with Visa yet. Will wait and see what Monday brings...
    This is a AT&T IPHONE 4S. Does anybody know if it can be traced via the serial #? Thanks.....Mike

2. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

Lol....I'm sorry had to get that out. When you described how light the box was, I had tears coming out of my eyes!

Sorry, sorry. All seriousness, (I've had my cc stolen before) I would definatley call ATT. They should be able to track the S/N and the crook who took it will show up. Maybe it was a UPS driver....

3. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

4. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

............:eek:

5. Justim macrumors 6502

Was the box open? If it was, the culprit was your mother in law.

6. Mikewhat thread starter macrumors newbie

UPS Delivery...

It was actually Friday that this all took place......did not post right. First timer. Thanks, Mike

7. zapp macrumors regular

zapp

i had this happen to me about 7 years ago with an ipod, box was empty, but all taped up, called apple, and there fraud investigation team was on it, nothing happened until i disputed the charges with my credit card company, then in a matter of a 2 days a shiny new ipad was at my door. I would dispute the charge immediately, makes things go faster.

8. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Call your bank, PRONTO! You shouldn't have to pay for something that you have never gotten.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Call Apple and call your bank/credit card company.

10. Russiaone macrumors 6502

Minute he mentioned the mother-in-law I thought "She tuk his phone." (Said in a South Park hick dialect)

Really, though, your mother-in-law took it. Beat her ass.

11. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I wish I could get an upgrade like that! :eek:

jk. I'm sure that was a typo :cool:

12. Airboy98, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

Airboy98 macrumors member

Apple sent you an iPad as replacement for your iPod 7 years ago? Wow, that IS impressive! :D Guess it really pays off to escalate things to Apple, you might get a future product sent to your door! ;)

OT: Yeah, definitely keep calling around to get this missing iPhone resolved ASAP.

Edit: Dang 2 minutes too late lol

13. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

You might have been too late, but I completely overlooked the 7 years ago part. Nice catch with that.

14. iSIILENT macrumors regular