UPS just told me to wait until 11:59pm tonight.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by egonpax, Sep 24, 2014.

1. egonpax macrumors 6502

It's now 10:35pm and my tracking info still says my phone is scheduled to be delivered today.
    I got off of UPS chat just now and was told this:

"Jenny C.: I reviewed the information and I understand that you are worried for your package, however, the package is committed to be delivered today by the end of day. We don't have a cutoff time for delivery, usually drivers delivery by 7 p.m. however it is depending on the drivers route and how many packages they have to deliver.Our deadline to complete the delivery is 11:59 PM."

So it looks like I might be awake as late as 11:59pm tonight.
    It sucks that the UPS delivery people are still working, but it sucks for me too (who isn't getting paid to sit here and wait. Ha.)
    Waiting for my iPhone has been "fun." :rolleyes: :)

2. techedude macrumors regular

I work for Ups and can tell you that it is too late for a delivery. There is a 14hr DOT cutoff for every driver in the company. They don't play games with the DOT regulations. There are 2 reasons why your package wasn't delivered today. First is that the package was misloaded onto another truck that was too far away to deliver today. They usually sheet the package as missed if this happens. It will be delivered tomorrow. The second reason you are not going to like at all. The people who load trucks in the mornings do know what the iPhone boxes look like. It is coming up on season and there are a bunch of new hires that have nothing to lose. I'm just giving you some insight on why your package isn't there. Hopefully it was the first reason and not the second.