UPS knows what they are carrying

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iScheme, Jun 1, 2015.

1. iScheme macrumors member

I tried to convince UPS to deliver my apple watch to me sooner than the expected time.

When I told them I needed it for a business meeting and said it was a 10,000 package(its not btw, only 500$) she wanted to confirm that I had an apple watch edition watch out for delivery.

Just thought it was interesting and that I would share.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

As many as they ship and as many phones calls they get from desperate Apple owners, I am sure she knows from looking at the shipped from address. The trucks drive a very specific route each day and it would take more than a business trip to get the truck to deviate!

3. Bromeo macrumors regular

My driver was about as excited as I was, "I bet I know what this is!!". She knows me due to frequent deliveries and asked which model I had decided on. She was trying to figure out which one to order for herself. I asked her if she delivers a lot of them, and she said it had been impressive... Every day, more and more on her route.

4. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

I guess when a big release comes around and your van suddenly has 30 identical boxes a day you begin to catch on. It only takes one of those people to say "oh look, my Apple Watch is here" and they will know exactly what they all are.

Kind of reminds me of the day GTA V came out and I watched the postman walk around my street and post 5 identical Amazon packages to 5 different houses.

5. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

I had our two delivered to a UPS distro center on release day. I walked in and asked for two deliveries she was holding....she asked my name (only, no computer lookup) and walked around and couldn't find them. She popped out and asked "You got two of those Apple Watches?" I replied yes, and she said, "OK, I know where they are."

Heard another person from another state in these forums relay a nearly identical story. Don't know what to make of it. Unless they just don't have a lot of foot traffic in distro centers and seeing a crowd in one day is a tip off.

6. flur macrumors 68000

I'm pretty sure UPS isn't delivering edition watches, they're hand-delivered via courier at a time that you select.

7. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

There is no doubt they know what it is. As a partner, Apple will disclose and probably plan out the exact routes for how their merchandise is delivered.

8. its Dale macrumors 6502

all it takes is TIPPING $$$ to your driver. If you routinely order things, they take care of you. Trust me.

9. jayiw macrumors regular

My UPS guy said "Here's your new toy, I'm delivering tons of these things".

10. iphone6fan macrumors regular

iphone6fan

You are correct. It is shipped by UPS to the courier who will hand-deliver it in business attire at the specific time that you arrange.