UPS live tracking by truck minute by minute

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by max2, May 30, 2018.

1. max2 macrumors 68030

Has anyone tried the new UPS live tracking ? https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/sri/follow-my-delivery.page

It is only available for UPS Next Day Air, UPS Worldwide Express, and UPS Worldwide Express Plus

Though some stores you can get UPS Next Day Air for pretty cheap sometimes free.

I tried it once and it was pretty cool.

2. Dodgeman macrumors 65816

Sounds cool, but I do not need to track a package minute by minute to know exactly where it is...
    Not even sure how the UPS driver can even keep up with that... lol

3. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I don’t need that granular of information, but I do use My Choice and happy with it.

I also use USPS Informed Delivery. Every morning at 7:30 am I get an email with pictures of the mail being delivered to the mailbox that afternoon.

4. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

It must make the UPS drivers feel kinda paranoid. Now he's turning the corner out by West Podunk... now he's in the flats before Jarhead Springs... wonder what else is in his truck besides my order for a crate of canned salmon and a replacement veggie peeler and a box of snack-sized plastic bags.

5. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

DPD in the UK have had that for years. I asked our UPS rep if they could get it and he said they didn't due to security reasons.

6. Zenithal macrumors 604

I've been using it for a couple months. I also use the service @Gutwrench pointed out.

7. samiwas macrumors 68000

I’ve used some sort of UPS tracking, and it was just crazy. Truck would be literally one block from my house, then an hour later would be two miles away. Six hours later, he’d return to my neighborhood and deliver my package. It wasn’t live, but updated every five minutes or so.