UPS MyChoice Delivery Window

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by maaron, Apr 22, 2015.

1. maaron macrumors newbie

Anybody have any experience with selecting a 2-hour window from UPS MyChoice? Does it work well? Or is it kinda pointless?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Never done it b/c I'm not a paying member and the fee is high considering they give you a 4 hour window for free and if waiting around is an issue you can also redirect to a UPS Store at no charge.

3. LiemTa macrumors 6502

4. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Do they generally go to the UPS store quicker? I have one near my house.

5. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

If you have one by your house, just change it from delivery to hold at the UPS store. Make sure the date stays the same.

That way you don't have to wait for your driver, and your device doesn't have to stay in a hot truck all day long being bumped around with all those other boxes.

6. segrobja macrumors regular

I've used it before when getting stuff from Amazon via Prime and I needed it the next day by a certain time. It only failed once out of the 20 times I've used it and that one time was around Christmas and it was delivered on time... just to the wrong address.

7. viachicago22 macrumors 6502

viachicago22

I may have it delivered to UPS Store. Otherwise we will have the option to presign and leave it on the door Friday for the driver, right?

8. lsh macrumors 6502

In my limited experience, the store got it to you a day later. It was said it delivers to the store like it does your house, then the store needs to process it.
    The distribution center was there early morning (if you have one near you). I guess it goes to dist center before going out for deliveries.

9. Hargobind macrumors member

Hargobind

I filled out a shipment release on the ups app. Also wrote to leave package on porch. That means my shipment won't need a signature so when I come home, I'll have the watch!

10. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

Except in the same UPS app, it states there that online shipment release authorization may not be applied to packages for which the shipper requires a physical signature.

Oooops, sorry to burst your bubble

I know you're going to ask for proof so....thy will be done

[​IMG]

11. LiemTa macrumors 6502

Or the driver will steal it because when you sign the release, UPS isn't responsible for lost or missing packages.

12. leenak macrumors 68020

I think the pay to change your delivery date with UPS is so dumb. One day I knew I wouldn't be home and I wanted to change but nope, would cost $5 so they came out a second day (it was an item I didn't want to have them leave)

13. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Err, you know Apple allows this right on their order status page, right? I don't think you're bursting anyone's bubble. :rolleyes:

UPS in my area is kind of easy about this. Even packages with a 'in person signature required' will often be left if a written note is posted asking them to leave the package. It seems like it's up to the drivers discretion, probably based on if they think the area is dangerous to leave the package in.