Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
so like every year I select pick up at warehouse and go in the morning on Friday. Every time I did it same launch date. Today, I tried doing it and says won’t be able to pick up until Monday.

Anybody else tried changing to ups warehouse pickup and still has Friday’s date?

Waterman316

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2018
Are you sure it’s the hub it’s going through as if it would be delivered? I planned on doing this but have heard rumors of this happening so I haven’t done it as of yet. At what point is it telling you it will be delayed? It doesn’t say anything about being delayed for me, at least not in any of the pages up to the final submit page. I haven’t went past that obviously.

codyfisher

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2014
Denver, CO USA
I have the same problem. I tried the CC by my house and on the submit screen it says “Delivery Monday”.

The CC i used a couple years ago won’t even show up by address when i search for a location. Hoping this changes once the phone hits the states.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
Are you sure it’s the hub it’s going through as if it would be delivered? I planned on doing this but have heard rumors of this happening so I haven’t done it as of yet. At what point is it telling you it will be delayed? It doesn’t say anything about being delayed for me, at least not in any of the pages up to the final submit page. I haven’t went past that obviously.

Right before the confirmation i cancel it there. It’s the main hub all trucks go to in my area. Every years since ‘14 i have done this and never has it changed dates until this one. Sucks!!! Imma try again on Wednesday and hope it stays with Friday’s date

ctbaz

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2014
Right before the confirmation i cancel it there. It’s the main hub all trucks go to in my area. Every years since ‘14 i have done this and never has it changed dates until this one. Sucks!!! Imma try again on Wednesday and hope it stays with Friday’s date

Maybe they got tired of us?

AJ44

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2019
My hub wasn’t an option, I’ve picked up my last several watches/phones this way. Now they just have a locker at that location and I can’t leave anything requiring a signature.

I changed to the UPS store by my house, so instead of getting my new phone/watch at 7:30am it will likely be 1pm.

titmas2

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Local CC showed up for me but doesn’t open until 1pm... guess I’ll just be sick Friday

pcorrado

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2008
Chicago, IL
I was able to hold two phones ad a watch for pick up on Friday. At this point, all dates are tentative. In the past things got more definitive once the items cleared customs.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
Mine is still letting me pick it up on the 20th
I was able to hold two phones ad a watch for pick up on Friday. At this point, all dates are tentative. In the past things got more definitive once the items cleared customs.

Hmm I’ll try Wednesday but I know there is a 24 hour cut off for requests. So deadline is Wednesday to request pickup.

latinkreationz

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Mesa, AZ
Hmm I’ll try Wednesday but I know there is a 24 hour cut off for requests. So deadline is Wednesday to request pickup.
I just requested to pick mine up from CC and it also gave me a Monday pickup date. I think it did that because the package is not in the states yet. It will switch back to Friday once it's in the states. I wouldn't worry.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
so like every year I select pick up at warehouse and go in the morning on Friday. Every time I did it same launch date. Today, I tried doing it and says won’t be able to pick up until Monday.

Anybody else tried changing to ups warehouse pickup and still has Friday’s date?
I did the request for UPS CC for pick up and shows for pick up on the 20th.

codyfisher

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2014
Denver, CO USA
My UPS CC still says I can pick it up on Friday morning as I do every year. Are you sure you selected a CC and not a store?

I’ve tried two different CCs, one being the one I used two years ago. Commerce City, CO is the main UPS hub for Denver and it shows Monday for the Commerce City Customer Center. ‍♂️ Maybe once it says “in transit” it will work for me, I don’t know.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
My UPS CC still says I can pick it up on Friday morning as I do every year. Are you sure you selected a CC and not a store?

Yep it’s the same one I pick every year I attached screenshot

Attachments

• AC07FD46-C9D4-4841-95C9-B9FC02D9023E.jpeg
    AC07FD46-C9D4-4841-95C9-B9FC02D9023E.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 327

zblomstrom

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2017
I just checked my Apple Watch shipment and it allows me to hold it at the CC for pickup on Friday. My watch is already in Louisville so I'd check again once your phone is in the US like others have mentioned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.