UPS question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ijen0311, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I ordered some new clipless pedals for my bike online, and they were "delivered" today. Problem is, they're not here.

Neighbors don't have it. With kids out of school, I've had lots of folks hanging around my townhouse during the day lately, and I'm afraid my package may have walked off (they'll be disappointed...)

Anyway, I called UPS who won't do anything until they can talk to the driver on Monday. So what exactly happens now? Should I call the original shipper also? The driver noted it was left on porch, so I'm not sure what good talking to him will do.

Anyone experienced a situation like this before?

:(

2. Xavier macrumors 68020

That sucks. It seems as if someone walked off with it.

I have a lot of bike parts that ship via UPS or USPS and they always leave it on the step. This kind of worries me, but I live in a "good area".

3. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

perhaps it was delivered at the wrong address- that happened to me with an iPod- luckily the mail often goes to his address instead of mine and vice versa so we know this happens often and we live a block away. Our street names are the same except for lane and circle which makes it unique. Hopefully that is what happened to you.

4. ijen0311 thread starter macrumors 65816

ijen0311

The shipper just refunded my money. Apparently the shipping method did not include a package trace service, so UPS wouldn't even look for it. Weird.

5. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

Did UPS refund you or the seller?

Either way, you're pretty lucky if you didn't buy the insurance.

6. ijen0311 thread starter macrumors 65816

ijen0311

The seller. It was from Dick's sporting goods, no option to purchaser insurance, it's just their free shipping. They were really efficient about it.

7. samiwas macrumors 65816

I've had this happen several times in the past few months...interestingly always with UPS. They have a habit of not even ringing the doorbell when they deliver...I work at home so I would hear it. There have been numerous occasions where a package is marked as "delivered", yet it shows up on my doorstep six hours later. Weird.

8. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Just curious, how were they able to tell you that it was "delivered" if they're unable to trace it? :confused:

9. ijen0311 thread starter macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Trace means they look for it if it goes missing. The tracking number showed it as delivered. Trace works after the delivery, from what I gathered. I guess it would include some type of investigation.