UPS Say's No Signature For Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bothfly737, Apr 22, 2015.

1. bothfly737 macrumors member

Just got done chatting with UPS about my Apple Watch coming on Friday.
    Normally UPS just leaves stuff at my door but as we all know Apple stuff usually requires a direct signature or that Pre Sign Paperwork.
    Since I'm going to be gone tomorrow thru Sunday I wanted to see how I could get them to leave it at the door.
    But UPS says the tracking info says, No Signature Required.
    So that's good....

2. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

not good, i might lose mine, safe drop is NOT "safe" in busy city

3. bothfly737 thread starter macrumors member

4. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

With UPS and FedEx, it's up to the driver to get signature confirmation. If they feel the package is safe they will just leave it even if someone paid for signature. USPS always has to get a signature if you request it. Apple has always shipped with signature unless it's accessories.

My UPS driver rarely ever asks for a signature. It's only been on my iPhone and Mac Pro they needed a signature. My MBP (bought used) and 2 iPads (new from Walmart, other from Best Buy) all were sent requesting signature but I never had to sign. My FedEx driver always gets a signature. I actually ordered a case online that the seller sent with signature and I had to go claim it because the driver wouldn't leave it. I feel more comfortable doing that then having left on my doorstep.

Either which way I feel a sudden stomach bug coming. Oh no, I might have to miss work on Friday. ;)

5. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

From what I know, its up to the UPS driver. If he/she is familiar to the area and it is safe, he may decide to leave it without a signature. But if he/she thinks someone would take it, he will take it back to the distribution center. Some UPS driver will come back a second time, but it is up to him.

If you piss him off before like your dog chase him down the street before, he may select to leave your package in the open and hope that someone would steal it.

I always hand a fresh bottle of water to my driver. He always hook me up. ;)

6. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

is there a remote "kill switch" on Apple watch like those in iPhone? I would hate if someone steal my watch. :(

7. Goldfrapp, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  8. bothfly737 thread starter macrumors member

I just Chatted with UPS twice and Apple.
    Apple says YES to the signature required, but both UPS chats looked up the tracking info and said NO to signature required.

9. durangojim macrumors member

How do you know if a sig is required if you don't have a tracking number?

10. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Why do they/Apple do this? It just makes it harder on them. If you sign the paper, you are releasing liability. If your Watch gets stolen, tough. For the majority of people, it will be just fine left on the porch.

11. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I'm going to need all of your addresses and order statuses, strictly for research purposes.

12. bothfly737 thread starter macrumors member

I have both Tracking Numbers now.
    If you have a UPS MyChoice actt you can access your tracking info

13. tdog4444 macrumors regular

huge punctuation fail. how did you miss that??

14. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

You want to leave your watching sitting by your door for 3 days?! Seems like a bad idea to me.