Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amadeo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I can't believe this. I just can't believe that this happened.

I ordered my phone on June 10th, and waited around with baited breath like everyone else. When today came, I practically starved myself waiting for the UPS delivery truck for fear of missing him and my iPhone's delivery. It was scanned TWICE this morning as Out For Delivery and as the hours passed on and on, I was got worried. The time was approaching 7 p.m., UPS' normal cutoff time, and after calling several times, I was told that the delivery truck was late and that sometimes when they're late, the shipment could be as late as 8 or 9 p.m. So they told me to be patient.

I waited to 7:40 p.m. when I checked my delivery status again and to my surprise, the status changed to "Destination Scan" at 7:20, which meant it was back at the sorting facility. I called again, and was told that my package was only JUST getting to the sorting facility for the first time!

What the hell!

I asked if I could pick it up, and they said no, despite the fact that this particular facility has an after-hours window, because I would have had to have asked for it to be held BEFORE 7 p.m.! And to add insult to injury, the facility is NOT OPEN ON WEEKENDS.

So, I waited around until after 7 p.m. BECAUSE THEY TOLD ME TO, only to be screwed over because I waited to long for a package they said was on its way to my house...I hate you UPS. I hate you with a passion.

I can't believe this...

Attachments

• UPS Shipment.jpg
    UPS Shipment.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 1,015

gzillaration

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
solution... buy a pitbull, leave him outside.

buy something cheap every day for a year so he has to come by your house everyday

he will ask for a transfer i bet

trellisaze

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
Olympia, WA

I ordered my phone on June 10th, and waited around with baited breath like everyone else. When today came, I practically starved myself waiting for the UPS delivery truck for fear of missing him and my iPhone's delivery. It was scanned TWICE this morning as Out For Delivery and as the hours passed on and on, I was got worried. The time was approaching 7 p.m., UPS' normal cutoff time, and after calling several times, I was told that the delivery truck was late and that sometimes when they're late, the shipment could be as late as 8 or 9 p.m. So they told me to be patient.

I waited to 7:40 p.m. when I checked my delivery status again and to my surprise, the status changed to "Destination Scan" at 7:20, which meant it was back at the sorting facility. I called again, and was told that my package was only JUST getting to the sorting facility for the first time!

What the hell!

I asked if I could pick it up, and they said no, despite the fact that this particular facility has an after-hours window, because I would have had to have asked for it to be held BEFORE 7 p.m.! And to add insult to injury, the facility is NOT OPEN ON WEEKENDS.

So, I waited around until after 7 p.m. BECAUSE THEY TOLD ME TO, only to be screwed over because I waited to long for a package they said was on its way to my house...I hate you UPS. I hate you with a passion.

I can't believe this...

Yikes. So sorry!!

Amadeo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
At this rate, I'm going to have to pick it up Monday, or wait for them to **** up my delivery again. What I don't understand is that they said any messages they send to the facility wouldn't be received until Monday. I'm just like...can't you just pickup a goddamn phone and call them to tell them to pick this one package out and put it on hold? Like, what the hell. YOU GUYS screwed this up, but you can't make a phone call for me?

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
At this rate, Monday. What I don't understand is that they said any messages they send to the facility wouldn't be received until Monday. I'm just like...can't you just pickup a goddamn phone and call them to tell them to pick this one package out and put it on hold? Like, what the hell. YOU GUYS screwed this up, but you can't make a phone call for me?

are they open on saturday? You know whats weird I shipped something yesterday morning to Port Washington from Tulsa and it went through Jamaica, Ny and Uniondale, Ny (Via UPS) at the same time your did.... and it was two iPhones. lol But what we shipped was delivered at like 5

joshellis625

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2008
Georgia
That's weird. Mine was delivered to me this morning at 9:30 AM EST but it had a big orange sticker on it that said "SATURDAY DELIVERY". So I guess they even had a precaution just incase it didn't make it today they would deliver it tomorrow.

Hope you get your phone :)

CRAZYBUBBA

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Toronto/Houston
UPS LOST a macbook pro that I had paid for and failed to recompensate the seller. I had to wait 2 months and file a credit card chargeback to get my money. This pales in comparison.

Amadeo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
are they open on saturday? You know whats weird I shipped something yesterday morning to Port Washington from Tulsa and it went through Jamaica, Ny and Uniondale, Ny (Via UPS) at the same time your did.... and it was two iPhones. lol But what we shipped was delivered at like 5
They aren't opened on weekends. I hate them so much right now.

UPS LOST a macbook pro that I had paid for and failed to recompensate the seller. I had to wait 2 months and file a credit card chargeback to get my money. This pales in comparison.
Jesus...that does suck more.

fireplace

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2007
London
i feel your pain.

why on earth they schedule a release for a friday is beyond me.

i got lucky and wandered into a local store at 10:30, no queue and plenty of phones.......

here's hoping the iphone fairy blesses you early:)

darkflounder

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
SF Bay Area, California
It's incidents like this that forced my company to abandon UPS and USPS all together. Been very happy with FedEx.

And I hate it when I order something and it's shipped UPS. I've lost count of how many times I had to go to the UPS to get it because of UPS screw ups. And if I do get it, most of the time it's obvious it was delivered by United Package Smashers.

Amadeo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Thanks guys. I really wish I had a torch and pitchfork. They don't even list the sorting facility on Google Maps. I want vengeance so badly. lol.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
From my experience with UPS, i never seen them deliver past 7pm, all the trucks have to be in by that time so they are never going to "stay late and deliver". Ive always went to the UPS store about 6:45pm to pick my stuff up if i missed them.

What the hell!

I can't believe this...

benflick

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Yes you were promised your phone today and no you didn't receive it today, but think about it. It's only a phone, a phone that is not needed on top of that.

JacksonDan

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
Fedex not any better

I ordered mine from Apple June 9. Fedex put a trace on it this evening. They said something like 'it appears still in Memphis....' and they think it will arrive on Saturday. Believe it when I see it.

Attachments

• my iphone.doc
    19 KB · Views: 105

Amadeo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I ordered mine from Apple June 9. Fedex put a trace on it this evening. They said something like 'it appears still in Memphis....' and they think it will arrive on Saturday. Believe it when I see it.
Hopefully you'll get it. At the very least, Saturday is a possibility for you, while I'm completely screwed for a weekend delivery.

starstudded

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2009
It's UPS, what did you expect. There are plenty more horror stories with the delivery mishap. I don't even know why people still use UPS. FedEx is teeny tiny bit better.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Yes you were promised your phone today and no you didn't receive it today, but think about it. It's only a phone, a phone that is not needed on top of that.

Chill. Unlike the other billion whiney posts in this forum the OP has a legitimate complaint against UPS. It just happens to be a phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.