UPS Second Attempt!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snakesayan, Sep 19, 2014.

1. snakesayan macrumors member

I just got home from school and thought I would make it before ups delivered my iPhone to my house. I missed them by 30 minutes!!

Now they will do a second attempt for tomorrow morning! Can I pick it up at a ups store today instead?!

I'm so frustrated right now!!!

2. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

You will have to call the sorting center and see if you can hold it there for pickup.

3. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

4. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

"MAYBE" you can pick it up late this evening if you call now, but for the moment it's still touring your town as the driver goes about the rest of his deliveries.

5. aajeevlin macrumors 6502a

From past experience in dealing with other packages, you can call in and ask them to leave the package at the sorting facility and you can go pick it up by the end of the day 7 p.m.? The downside is that it has to be the end of the day, since that's when the truck returns to the sorting facility.

Also, the sorting facility might be a good distance away from you.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I'd call them. I bet they will either try again today without action, you can call and have them try again, or worse case you can definitely pick it up today. However, UPS locations are usually in the middle of nowhere.

I live in Miami and my UPS pickup location was just about in the middle of the nowhere. was literally the UPS place there and nothing else but grass and trees.

7. mr.samiam macrumors newbie

My UPS guy just told me they are doing Saturday delivery for "2nd attempts" for iPhone pre-orders for the first time in company history. I don't know if that is a regional plan or national. I'm in the Knoxville, TN area.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Also getting the second attempt but the slip says they'll try again today after 2 pm and all they require is my written authorization on the slip to leave the package.

The website, on the other hand, says by end of day Monday.

9. snakesayan thread starter macrumors member

Yeah it says second attempt for tomorrow... I thought they used to be same day second attempts...

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The downside is that the truck might not get back to the depot until after 7 PM. And since the depot is probably closed on Saturday, he'd have to wait until Monday.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Maybe it depends on the time of the day. My first attempt was 9:52 am and they'll try again after 2 pm. It sounds like yours came later in the day so they're trying again tomorrow.

12. snakesayan thread starter macrumors member

Yeah so im going to go pick it up at UPs tonight. Has to be after 8. When the truck returns to the facility.... It's not too far either.... 30. Min drive

13. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

14. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

UPS came extra early while I was in the shower. I didn't think I would miss them, but I did. They've never come so early. I called and they were able to redeliver today. It just came about an hour ago. :D

15. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

There isn't 1 thing on this forum that isn't, so comments like yours are fruitless and unnecessary.

16. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

UPS Second Attempt!!!

I was referring to the subject matter, not being home whilst your delivery arrives is hardly cause to start a thread. The info the OP requires is easily obtain by calling them as is probably stated on the advise of a delivery attempt.

17. Jman13 macrumors 68000

My driver missed my wife, who wasn't home from work yet. I'm across the Atlantic at the moment, so I wasn't getting it today anyway. I logged into UPS my choice when I saw the delivery attempt and had them hold at the hub for me. I'll pick it up first thing Monday morning. No biggie.

18. snakesayan thread starter macrumors member

Holy crap! The UPS driver just delivered it to me!!!!!!! He said i stopped by so you dont have to make that long drive to the UPS facility! I told him thank you so much I appreciate it!!!! I love UPS now!!!!

The iphone 6 is bigger than i thought!! Wow it is one sexy beast!!!!!

All is good guys! Thanks for the replies and keeping me occupied

19. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Missed my delivery so went to ups customer center for pick up. They usually close at 6 but said they would open from 8-9 tonight. Got here a little early and am in line outside with everyone else who missed their delivery. So much for pre ordering meaning no lines. :)