UPS Shipping question? Also Extra Bands question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by melman101, May 7, 2015.

1. melman101 macrumors 68030

Hey guys,
    First, sorry for everyone still waiting on the Watch. Good luck and hope you get your shipment notifications soon.

Ok, so now, I'm looking at the tracking. I got a package two days ago from Petco at 6:27pm. Am I to assume that my Apple Watch is on the same kind of truck that my Petco order was on? (UPS Ground) as opposed to (Next Day Air Shipping)?

I'm just wondering if I may get it early, like 11am (which I remember happened when I got my iPhone 4S).

Also, the extra bands I ordered shipped with a company called LaserShip. Looks like an east coast only company. I never heard of them. What company did they use to ship your extra bands?

Anyhow, on to waiting all day. I have to leave at 3:30pm, but my mother in law will be here. This sucks. LOL I wish I could just pick up in store.

Thanks all

2. AtheistP3ace macrumors 6502a

AtheistP3ace

Mine was delivered to a business so came it early. I think non commercial addresses some times come later in day.

Haven't got my extra band yet!

3. AlyMourad macrumors member

AlyMourad

Houston here and my black sports band shipped last night to be delivered Friday by FedEx

4. CmdrThor macrumors member

Amazon delivers a lot of stuff to me via LaserShip. They are a regional company and I believe the item gets shipped to your local LaserShip via some other method then LaserShip to your door. They have always arrived in a beater car or van to deliver to my house and often show up at all times of day and night.

5. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Thats good to know, LOL :).

----

This wait for UPS is killer.

6. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

Received my watch yesterday. It came on the same UPS truck as another package that was not next day air. It shipped to a residential address and did not arrive until 6:30 PM. I waited by the window all day! If it shipped to a business address it will arrive before 3:00 PM.

7. mpike78 macrumors regular

typically UPS will only deliver a package on a different truck or van if its EARLY AM which is typically before 1030am or if the driver is so loaded that he cannot make the 1030am next day air time. i am talking for consumer addresses not business.

8. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok good to know. Probably gonna come later then. I won't get my hopes up.

9. mpike78 macrumors regular

also to stop back and forth driving the driver might start either on the outside of his route and work back towards the hub or closest to the hub and back in. so alot of it depends on how it was shipped and where you fall on his route.

10. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Interesting. I guess there is no way to predict what time he will be here. LOL.

11. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

My watch was shipped next day air, but it was shipped 'next day air saver', which allows for delivery anytime during the day, rather than the standard next day air that needs to be delivered before 10AM. Unfortunately I wouldn't expect it any earlier than UPS normally shows up at your house.

12. Quahog macrumors member

LaserShip is a regional company, they deliver some of my Amazon stuff... I live in Jacksonville, FL.

Usually, they end up delivering to me (home) some time before 6:30AM.

UPS only uses one truck for standard overnight and ground. If it's "UPS RED" which is overnight priority, that usually comes on a different truck... but your watch was not shipped PRIORITY OVERNIGHT.

Typically, UPS will show up at around the same time every day... only exception would be if the truck is extremely full, such as around Christmas time... then the schedule could be different as some routes get split and whatnot.

I ordered a Malenese band on April 10. Still no shipping notifications.

13. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

So it's looking more and more like 6:30pm because that's when I got my cat food from Petco on Tuesday :).

Well, at least now I can plan for that :).

And yes, it was Next Day Air Saver :)

14. mpike78 macrumors regular

typically when you start to hear dogs barking in your neighborhood its a safe bet the ups truck will be around shortly. :D in all honesty it should be around the same time every time.

15. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

This is the worst day of waiting. LOL

Why couldn't they do in-store pickup!

16. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok, he came around 11:30am. Kinda what I figured! COOL! :) It's awesome.

Now waiting for LaserShip

17. mpike78 macrumors regular

I love lasership, ive ordered stuff from amazon on a sat night and they have delivered it monday morning and thats with the FREE amazon shipping.

18. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

LaserShip in my eyes is awful.

They buzzed my apartment, said delivery. They never came to my door. They left it in my mailroom. I checked online and looked at the tracking. It said left at front door. Thank God no one swiped them.