Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

byeology

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Hi everyone, I preordered the iPhone 6 with scheduled delivery this Friday. Problem is, I'm not sure what time it will be delivered or if there is a signature required. I have the UPS my choice but don't see anywhere where it says signature required. Does anyone know if you have to be present at home and sign in order for them to deliver the iPhone, or if there is anyway you can specify to leave it at the door if I'm not home? THANKS!!

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
None of us know what time it will be delivered and yes a signature is required.

You can change your order to Will Call and go pick it up at the UPS center or have it delivered to a neighbor's house who can sign for it.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
They could just toss the box over the fence if you'd like.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
They could just toss the box over the fence if you'd like.

They got videos of UPS and FedEx doing worst!

I would no wa mine just left at the door. In om cities "people" follow the UPS and FedEx drivers and know the size/shape of the box you phone is n and il steal it from your door step if you leave a signed notice.

byeology

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
None of us know what time it will be delivered and yes a signature is required.

You can change your order to Will Call and go pick it up at the UPS center or have it delivered to a neighbor's house who can sign for it.

UPS usually delivers to my neighborhood in the evenings. If I changed it to "will call" would i be able to pick it up at the UPS center anytime that day instead?

aloecool

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
UPS usually delivers to my neighborhood in the evenings. If I changed it to "will call" would i be able to pick it up at the UPS center anytime that day instead?

Should be yes, at least that's the case with my local UPS center.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca

Yes, but depends on what time your UPS office is opened. In my town the customer service center is only opened from 2pm-6pm, but UPS delivers in my area around 10am so I will take my chance on the delivery.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
My UPS tracking page doesn't say signature required either. I wonder if it is required.

volntitan

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
A signature is not required, but it is up to the driver whether or not they feel like leaving it at the door.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.