Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slovak044

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
hey i was just wondering if anyone that got there iphone had to sign for it or if ups just dropped it off

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
I've had iPhones delivered and not had to sign. I live in a small town where fedex or ups know us very well. If we aren't home they either come in and leave it in the house, or bring it to my husbands work. They're pretty awesome guys. Was waiting for a world of warcraft expansion one year and saw the ups guy at subway and he gave me my shipment right there.

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
My iPhone just got delivered and I had to sign for it, even though UPS made no mention of it.

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008
I'm guessing the answer is "no". Just checked my tracking information online from work and it says "Delivered; Left at Front Door". Let's hope it's still there when I get home...

Mrs.Geek

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Supposedly it's signature required, but you could presign and leave a release form. Though again, supposedly, some drivers won't take those forms. So I guess it depends on your driver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.