UPS Worldwide Shipping

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nhamp07, Oct 11, 2011.

1. nhamp07 macrumors regular

noticed under Shipped By it says Worldwide shipping. When you click on that it has some text that says this:

Import:

* Delivery by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon

My normal UPS truck comes between 2 and 3 so Im guessing there are different trucks for world and domestic? This works great for me because I leave for work at 3 Friday.

2. Jarrahammer macrumors member

Jarrahammer

wow this would work great for me as well. my ups guy usually gets here at 2 and i won't be home then.

3. 2010RS macrumors 6502

There's only 1 UPS truck. But depending on the times that certain packages have to be delivered by, the route may vary. This is in contrast to FedEx, which uses Express and Ground trucks, which are actually two completely separate entities.

4. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

There is only one and that delivery time is an estimate.

5. nhamp07 thread starter macrumors regular

well ground says by end of day for estimated time. There has to be some truth to it.

6. techdude13 macrumors 6502

techdude13

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

No they GUARANTEE the delivery BY that time. Otherwise UPS owes the original shopper compensation of some of their original fare rate back. Depending on their delivery area, they will deliver it by one or the other. UPS and fedex both choose "delivery codes" for certain areas that determine what times they will guarantee by. You can look it up on their website.

PS there can sometimes be two trucks for certain delivery times. Often one "early" truck will do tome definite deliveries (international and domestic 2day and overnight) and others will do ground and other deliveries. However they sometimes will have one truck in one area doing the time deck urea first then the others after. It depends on area size and package volume for the day.

7. luischav3z macrumors newbie

So that is when you are going to get it between 2 and 3 or even later. I used to receive packages at that time frame but got moved to 5 and 6.

8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

From the UPS Service Agreement: