Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcphoenix

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Ottawa
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS81

Looks like our iMacs are an hour behind schedule right now but should arrive in Kentucky sometime around 2am-3amish. Does anyone know if UPS will continue to move the packages through the system during the night or if they'll wait till the morning? If they wait till the morning, I don't think we'll be seeing them till Monday but if they cross the border early morning 6am-7amish, I'm thinking there still might be a chance they'll come tomorrow...

Gotmoose

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2009
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS81

Looks like our iMacs are an hour behind schedule right now but should arrive in Kentucky sometime around 2am-3amish. Does anyone know if UPS will continue to move the packages through the system during the night or if they'll wait till the morning? If they wait till the morning, I don't think we'll be seeing them till Monday but if they cross the border early morning 6am-7amish, I'm thinking there still might be a chance they'll come tomorrow...

When and what did you order? Oh and where in Canada? I ordered oct 26 through my school board and have no tracking info available.

jcphoenix

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Ottawa
When and what did you order? Oh and where in Canada? I ordered oct 26 through my school board and have no tracking info available.

Ordered i7 around 7:30pm EST on the day they came out...and I'm currently living in Toronto. I saw several other people who were in the same shipment as me in the main thread so I'm just trying to figure out now if the iMac will be here for tomorrow delivery or not :/

Is yours prepared for shipment? Or no status change at all?

Also, for those who think they may or may not be on this flight, here's my UPS timeline:

ANCHORAGE, AK, US 12/11/2009 12:48 ARRIVAL SCAN
SHANGHAI, CN 13/11/2009 0:34 DEPARTURE SCAN
SHANGHAI, CN 12/11/2009 22:15 DEPARTURE SCAN
12/11/2009 19:02 EXPORT SCAN
12/11/2009 18:49 HUB SCAN
SHANGHAI, CN 11/11/2009 12:34 ORIGIN SCAN
CN 11/11/2009 1:05 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

squall20011

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2009
My i7 is on that flight as well. I live in Hamilton. Think we'll get ours tomorrow at some point? I hear it goes to the Hamilton Airport.

fruitpunch.ben

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Surrey, BC
My i7 is on that flight as well. I live in Hamilton. Think we'll get ours tomorrow at some point? I hear it goes to the Hamilton Airport.

Sigh.
My i7 isn't but my remote is on that flight :mad: :p
Oh well you guys enjoy your computers, I'll have fun practising with my remote at nothing.

jcphoenix

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Ottawa

I'm not optimistic about getting it but I think if you're in Hamilton, you'll have a decent chance. The iMacs are going over in two flights all grouped into UPS81 it seems, one flight has already left for Kentucky, another one is scheduled to leave in about an hour. I'm pretty sure mine will be on the second one as I haven't had an update on the ups tracker... I wonder if they wait for all the iMacs in Kentucky before sending them to Canada? Or if the one batch will go ahead earlier?

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
They continue to move overnight, but in my experience the longest delays are either in Anchorage, or going through customs. If the notification put your package in a customs port like Calgary or Mississauga by now, you would have a chance to see it tomorrow. Otherwise, you will likely have a loong weekend to pass. :(

Look at it this way: this is the last weekend without your new baby. :D

squall20011

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2009
My i7 left Anchorage an hour and 12 minutes ago but it's an hour behind schedule -- no biggy. I still think I'll see my new i7 tomorrow. *fingers crossed

Harpy007

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2006
Mine is still in Anchorage and the website is still showing November 13 for the expected delivery date. I called UPS earlier and they said it's going to be delivered on Monday and I'm not able to get Saturday Delivery :(

c6rvette

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2009
Grimsby
I was told by UPS rep that it would be out for delivery friday during business hours... mine was shipped express. What type of shipping does everyone have
P.S I'm in hamilton

jcphoenix

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Ottawa
Mine is still in Anchorage and the website is still showing November 13 for the expected delivery date. I called UPS earlier and they said it's going to be delivered on Monday and I'm not able to get Saturday Delivery :(

Yours and mine both. I suspect ours will be on the second flight in an hour or so.

And good luck squall, it sounds like you have the best chance so far of getting yours in time!

c6rvette - I think most of us have express shipping...at least I do anyway.

c6rvette

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2009
Grimsby
Yours and mine both. I suspect ours will be on the second flight in an hour or so.

And good luck squall, it sounds like you have the best chance so far of getting yours in time!

c6rvette - I think most of us have express shipping...at least I do anyway.

Mine is still in Alaska but the rep said tonight it will arrive @ hamilton and out for del sometime friday. I have it being delivered to my work.... its not like I need it, I just reallllllly want it tomorrow, :D

jcphoenix

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Ottawa
They continue to move overnight, but in my experience the longest delays are either in Anchorage, or going through customs. If the notification put your package in a customs port like Calgary or Mississauga by now, you would have a chance to see it tomorrow. Otherwise, you will likely have a loong weekend to pass. :(

Look at it this way: this is the last weekend without your new baby. :D

True...UPS just got me all hyped up to receive it on Friday with their delivery date listing :p...this is gonna be the longest weekend since, well, the weekend before I got my Powermac G5 way back at the beginning of uni...

Mine is still in Alaska but the rep said tonight it will arrive @ hamilton and out for del sometime friday. I have it being delivered to my work.... its not like I need it, I just reallllllly want it tomorrow, :D

I wonder, from Kentucky, what the path will be. Will they split up to enter Canada? Or will they all go to Hamilton first? I've been told Missisauga is where the customs port is that mine goes through so will it go to Hamilton, then Mississauga? Vice versa? Or skip one of them altogether? It just seems rather odd if it goes straight through to Hamilton from Kentucky unless Hamilton itself is a customs port?

Jagger2009

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2009
I am in Oakville and same flight info as yours. Still holding out some hope it arrives tomorrow. If they are quick in Ky it could come into Malton (think somehow they use this airport) and from there through the Mississauga distribution centre. Very optimistic but haphazard timeline. Now if only the ppl in Shanghai had not delayed us almost 2 days we would not be in this sit'n with weekend almost upon us. Ah well...

jcphoenix

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Ottawa
I am in Oakville and same flight info as yours. Still holding out some hope it arrives tomorrow. If they are quick in Ky it could come into Malton (think somehow they use this airport) and from there through the Mississauga distribution centre. Very optimistic but haphazard timeline. Now if only the ppl in Shanghai had not delayed us almost 2 days we would not be in this sit'n with weekend almost upon us. Ah well...

Yeah the fact that it sat in the UPS hub in Shanghai for so long aggravates me even more knowing the difference might very well end up being only a few hours between getting it tomorrow and Monday. Well, hopefully everyone keeps everyone here updated! I'm gonna go get some shuteye just in case I do end up going to work (or rather, my internship) tomorrow (which looks more and more likely). If I do go to work and it arrives at the local hub before noon, or others in this thread show movement, I'll just grab the streetcar home for the rest of the day...I know I'm gonna be refreshing this page as much as possible throughout the day tmr heh.

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
Well, hopefully everyone keeps everyone here updated! I'm gonna go get some shuteye just in case I do end up going to work (or rather, my internship) tomorrow (which looks more and more likely). If I do go to work and it arrives at the local hub before noon, or others in this thread show movement, I'll just grab the streetcar home for the rest of the day...I know I'm gonna be refreshing this page as much as possible throughout the day tmr heh.

There are no finer words in the English language than ON TRUCK FOR DELIVERY. :D

jcphoenix

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Ottawa
So my package says:

LOUISVILLE, KY, US 11/13/2009 6:10 A.M. PKG DELAY-ADD'L SECURITY CHECK BY GOV'T OR OTHER AGENCY- BEYOND UPS CONTROL
11/13/2009 2:58 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
ANCHORAGE, AK, US 11/12/2009 6:54 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

Did everyone else get this delay? And apparently my package was on the first flight, I guess they just didn't update my departure scan for a while...

ETA: Just spoke with a UPS agent. It's definitely coming on Monday now. My package has been released apparently but it's holding for the rest of the packages...There's no possibility of going in to pick it up if it arrives this afternoon :S - she said it'll stay on a truck throughout the weekend and they'll unload it Monday morning before noon. Ah well, at least if I take the day off, I should get several hours to fiddle with it since it's coming early in the day.

I was so close :S...Looks like this may turn into a support thread for the weekend heh...

UberAlles

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2009
My package is in Hamilton (Mount Hope) and just shows as been import scanned.....I think that applies to all of us on the last night UPS81 flight....

so I think if you're in the GTA, there's a very good chance you'll get it today (Friday)

I'm in Mr.Ssauga...

jcphoenix

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Ottawa
My package is in Hamilton (Mount Hope) and just shows as been import scanned.....I think that applies to all of us on the last night UPS81 flight....

so I think if you're in the GTA, there's a very good chance you'll get it today (Friday)

I'm in Mr.Ssauga...

Hmm that's interesting because my departure scan from Alaska didn't show up till this morning (despite claiming it was scanned and left on the 1st flight around 7:30pm AKST and there was a mysterious second flight listed for 3 hours after the first to Kentucky that was supposed to arrive around 6:10am ET (conveniently, the time that I experienced the "gov't security delay")...the flight has also mysteriously disappeared from the UPS81 flight tracker, showing only the original flight now. It just makes me wonder if UPS is covering up the fact that some of the packages stayed in Alaska longer than the others by blaming it on gov't checks...okay now I'm probably being paranoid but I blame that on the iMac waiting anxiety...

I should also add my package is now labelled as an "EXCEPTION" rather than "IN TRANSIT" and they removed the delivery date.

c6rvette

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2009
Grimsby
I'm still showing in transit :)

MOUNT HOPE, ON, CA 13/11/2009 6:16 ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 13/11/2009 4:46 DEPARTURE SCAN
13/11/2009 2:58 ARRIVAL SCAN
ANCHORAGE, AK, US 12/11/2009 18:54 DEPARTURE SCAN
12/11/2009 12:48 ARRIVAL SCAN
12/11/2009 19:06 EXPORT SCAN
12/11/2009 18:59 HUB SCAN
SHANGHAI, CN 11/11/2009 12:33 ORIGIN SCAN

UberAlles

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2009
I'm still showing in transit :)

MOUNT HOPE, ON, CA 13/11/2009 6:16 ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 13/11/2009 4:46 DEPARTURE SCAN
13/11/2009 2:58 ARRIVAL SCAN
ANCHORAGE, AK, US 12/11/2009 18:54 DEPARTURE SCAN
12/11/2009 12:48 ARRIVAL SCAN
12/11/2009 19:06 EXPORT SCAN
12/11/2009 18:59 HUB SCAN
SHANGHAI, CN 11/11/2009 12:33 ORIGIN SCAN

Me too....but I have one better

MOUNT HOPE, ON, CA 13/11/2009 7:15 DEPARTURE SCAN

From past Apple deliveries...that means it's on to the Mississauga hub and then out for delivery.....looks like I'm getting mine today....best of luck to the rest of the GTA gang here too!

Harpy007

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2006
You guys are extremelly lucky if you get it today. Even though we were on the same flight from China, my package (shipped express) is showing:

LOUISVILLE, KY, US 13/11/2009 6:10 PKG DELAY-ADD'L SECURITY CHECK BY GOV'T OR OTHER AGENCY- BEYOND UPS CONTROL

If you guys do get it today, please post pics for me :) Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.