Upsetting News

Discussion in 'macOS' started by robbier, Aug 27, 2009.

1. robbier macrumors member

Yesterday, I ordered Snow Leopard before 11:59PM PST. This should have guaranteed me Snow Leopard to be at my door on Friday.

I just got done chatting with someone from the Apple Store -

They said that all orders after 2PM PST on Wednesday would be delayed. Great, there goes the one sole reason I ordered online - to get it Friday without the trip to the Apple store. If you are unsure of when you placed the order, check the order status. If it is after 2PM PST on Wednesday, it is delayed and most likely won't arrive Friday.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

If you would have been on Apple's website earlier in the week, you would have learned that the Wednesday date is when you needed to have ordered it by.

3. robbier thread starter macrumors member

Here is a quote from an email I received from Apple just two days ago:

"*Order must be received by Wednesday, August 26, 2009, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time for delivery with free shipping on Friday, August 28, 2009."

I placed my order Wednesday at 4:20PM PST, which means I qualified for Friday delivery.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Call 'em up and complain. Maybe they'll do something for you.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I do not think that Apple said that all orders placed before x date will be delivered on Friday. Apple said my MacBook Pro was going to be with me a week before it arrived. Everyone has their problems.

6. robbier thread starter macrumors member

I think they said that, because they emailed me telling me that all orders placed before 11:59PM PST on Wednesday would be delivered on Friday.

Now they are telling me that they had problems and are delaying orders.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The quote you put does not say that it guaranteed. I mean, it alluded to it, but Apple protects themselves. I cannot imagine that they had problems with your specific orders, but it is easier to justify delaying your order as opposed to those that ordered months ago.

8. robbier thread starter macrumors member

I guess so, that makes sense. I am also starting to think that they did not anticipate the amount of orders, so they are now delaying the later orders because they don't have enough copies of SL to ship for delivery tomorrow.

Nonetheless, I am waiting until tomorrow, and if SL doesn't arrive, I'll just cancel my order and go to the Apple Store, assuming they still have some in stock.

9. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Maybe I can't read but if you placed your order after 11:59 (which you did)... why should you qualify for a Friday delivery?

10. pooryou macrumors 65816

Learn to write appropriate subject lines for threads please.

11. robbier thread starter macrumors member

The order cutoff was 11:59PM, not AM. So, 4:20PM is before 11:59PM. Also, just spoke with someone from Apple...they told me that it is unlikely for my order to arrive tomorrow. Yesterday, they changed the cutoff time to 2PM PST without telling anyone. They did say, however, that a saturday delivery is possible. If it doesn't arrive Saturday, I may just cancel the order and go to the store.

12. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

It's annoying, but at least you'll be able to find out if there are any outstanding problems before installing.

13. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Ah... got it now. Pesky time format. How I do miss the military at times. :)

Might be too late if SL is in transit. Is it that big of a deal to wait until Monday/Tuesday?

14. robbier thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies everyone,
    I guess it isn't a big deal to wait until Monday or Tuesday. I just wish Apple hadn't changed the cutoff time without notifying anyone.