Upside down ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacAttack888, Apr 19, 2011.

1. MacAttack888 macrumors newbie

So this post really has no point but to poke fun at myself.

There are times where I play games with my iPad purposefully upside down (home button on top) so that the speaker isn't being muted by my clothes if I have it in my lap. Then there are times where I'm on my iPad for an extended period of time (in portrait mode) and then realize it's been upside down the whole time. Not that it matters at all...just think it's kind of funny that technically there is no up/down to the device!

A lighthearted post in a sometimes too serious forum.

2. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

I agree with you, I also sometimes get caught up using it upside down.

3. RandomGuy26 macrumors regular

i dont like to hold my iPad upside down at all.. somehow aesthetically that doesn't make rational sense to me.. its not meant to be that way.. or else apple would have made it that way..

so i just do a headstand to avoid that problem.. a little unconventional i know, but gets the same result as you guys..

4. RQPS macrumors regular

RQPS

5. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

6. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

One cool thing to try is to cover your hand around the speaker grill of the iPad facing you, it enhances the sound quality. Not sure how long you can keep your hand like that before it drops off. Apple should have made the speakers at either end of the iPad or simply put it in the top, near the microphone or sleep/wake button.

7. Kupp macrumors regular

It probably couldn't be on top because of the 3G versions.

8. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I don't know how many times I've tried to hit the home button only to find that somebody has moved it to the other end of the iPad.

9. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I prefer having the screen facing away from me since the backlight is so bright. I just do everything on the back.

10. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

The best feature of the iPad IMO. my only Gripe is apps that don't take advantage and/or don't detect orientation from the jump.