Upside down iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dccorona, Aug 20, 2008.

1. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I was watching an old episode of the colbert report, and stephen was using his iPhone
    but he was holding it upside down (it was a 1st gen and the black strip was on top)
    then he "answered" it and talked on it (obviously not really)

i wonder, has he ever even used his iPhone?
    how do you make such a big mistake as holding it upside down?

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm not even sure why I'm replying to this, but blazed and watching the Olympics...

He wasn't really using the phone (on a call) in the segment, which I hope you knew. Additionally, it's pretty common practice in TV to obscure corporate logos, even though it's pretty clear what the product is. Again, ask yourself the question: Don't you think he would notice that there was no sound coming out of the phone?

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

my guess is they wanted to make sure the screen looked like an iphone home screen, and wanted to be sure it didn't get touched, accidently opening an app or moving the home screen icons, etc. so they took a screen shot of the home screen, played it back in the photo viewer and Colbert inadvertantly (or maybe tongue-in-cheek on purpose) turned the phone upside down, flipping the screenshot with it.

*edit* might help to have read the OP. the front wasn't shown. right. next up, my Lego Grassy Knoll re-enactment.

4. calvy macrumors 65816

I wonder if he deliberately does this. I've seen him use the iPhone several times on the show, and every time it is upside down. Perhaps it is about covering up the Apple logo. But I doubt that, he often names the iPhone as he's using it. I think he's doing it on purpose, but I don't know his reason.

5. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

he had the iphone on a week or so ago talking about the "kill switch" i didnt notice it upside down though, actually i am almost positive that it wasn't.

6. Pixellated macrumors 65816