Upside down photos fixed ?

Spacedust

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2009
Did they fix upside down photos problem when photos are taken on the iPhone and then displayed on Windows ?

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2012
If you don't take phots with the volume buttons facing up on the iPhone then windows shows them upside down. The two fixes are 1) take pictures with the volume buttons facing up. 2) download software on your pc for your picture library. I got Picasa and it works pretty well. Now I try to make sure I take pics with the phone in the correct orientation and they show up fine in windows.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If you don't take phots with the volume buttons facing up on the iPhone then windows shows them upside down. The two fixes are 1) take pictures with the volume buttons facing up. 2) download software on your pc for your picture library. I got Picasa and it works pretty well. Now I try to make sure I take pics with the phone in the correct orientation and they show up fine in windows.
I believe it's (or at least was) actually the opposite of that--buttons down. Unless it got fixed in Windows too.

Spacedust

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2009
I believe it's (or at least was) actually the opposite of that--buttons down. Unless it got fixed in Windows too.
Exactly. This is so annoying. Especially when shooting videos.

Irfanview handles photos ok. For videos I have to use QuickTime player.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2012
You’re right, my bad. Its buttons on the bottom. I've gotten used to it now so I it’s become a habit and I don't even think about it. But yeah I haven’t noticed any problems since using it buttons down.