Uptime status displayed in menubar

Discussion in 'macOS' started by addictzz, Feb 3, 2014.

1. addictzz macrumors 6502

Hi guys, I have this uptime status displayed in my Mac menubar. I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.8

I cannot recall whether this uptime status is caused by an application or I did some settings in the System Preference.

Anybody recognize this uptime display in menubar and know which app/setting causing it?

Attached Files:

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

There is no setting to make that display. Are you maybe running the app Uptimemenubar?

3. addictzz thread starter macrumors 6502

I can't find the relevant setting for showing this uptime status myself so I believe you are right, it's an app. Problem is I don't know which app is that. There's quite a number of uptime status display app around the web but I cannot recall which app I used to do this.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

If you are not launching it manually, it must be in your startup items. Look in System Preferences in the Users & Groups pane under your account in the login items section and see if it is there.

5. plaintiger macrumors member

if it is UptimeInMenuBar, it's a preference pane in your System Preferences. you can remove it by Control-clicking (or right-clicking) it and selecting the removal option in the contextual menu that appears.

UpCocoa, another OS X thingy that does the same thing, is an app, but only runs on PowerPCs, so that's probably not it...

if it's not either of those things, and you figure out what it is, please tell me! i'd like to display my uptime in my menu bar again (ah, the old days), but i can't find any software that does that under 10.9. :waaahhh:

6. addictzz thread starter macrumors 6502

Probably it's uptimeinmenubar. I am still using 10.6.8, not sure if there any similar software for 10.9 but maybe you can google around.

7. plaintiger macrumors member

thanks - i have done so, and haven't found anything, hence my complaint.

as an almost-sort-of next-best thing that works under Mavericks, there's running the Hit-Up X application (i think you have to register to take part in the site's uptime challenge in order for the software to work on your machine). it doesn't display your uptime in the menu bar, but it does display it in the application's window.

have fun...