Status
Not open for further replies.

auxplage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Virginia Beach
Go to the terminal and type: uptime

How long has your Mac been running? What is the longest amount of time you know your Mac has been on before being rebooted (a rough estimate if not the exact time)?

presently - 24 days 2 min
ever - 24 days 2 min (because Apple has not sent an update out in awhile :) )

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I have 4 days, 23:41.

But I let my iBook rest completelt every once in a while, had a bad experience whit long uptime and FileVault (my only Kernel Panic on this iBook ever), but even if I've disabled FileVault I turn off my iBook about once a week an let it stay of over night... as apposed to putting it to sleep as I do normally...

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Currently my uptime is 5 days, 6:51. My G4 runs 24/7, so I reboot once a week after updating my Norton Anti Virus and running System Optimizer X. The virus suggests a reboot. System Optimizer requires a reboot.

dvdh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2004
Currently at 14 days 11 hours.

Record on this machine: about 35 days.

Record on my G4: 42 days (rendering in Maya for the whole time . . . .came to an abrupt end when the hard drive cable came loose :eek: )

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
superbovine said:
this has been done. search.
You're quite right... :eek:

...but it was low down on the second page when searching for 'uptime', and I almost missed it even after you said it should be there... Edit: And it was a quick thread that died the same day it started way back in November... Maybe a mod can merge this one and that one...?

KCK

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2003
Oakland, CA
Current uptimes are

22 days on my G5 duel 2.0

70 days on my G4 Quicksilver 933

All time best 145 days on my G4

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
1 day. 6 hours and something.

Is this how long my computer has been running, or how long since the last forced reboot (or whatever)? Because I don't remember the last time this computer went down. I know its much longer than a day, though.

SFVCyclone

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Pasadena, Ca
dvdh said:
Currently at 14 days 11 hours.

Record on this machine: about 35 days.

Record on my G4: 42 days (rendering in Maya for the whole time . . . .came to an abrupt end when the hard drive cable came loose :eek: )
DAIUUUUUUUUM WACK ATTACK! ©™SFVCyclone. thats sux, did you have to re-render all that stuff? The longest up time with almost every machine here at work except for the servers would be like 2 days cause of the week ends, they have to be rebooted constantly because of the different font issues that are encountered with all the different jobs. and also to keep them running at tip top shape. i defrag mine weekly. and yes its a mac.

glosterseagul

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2004
superbovine said:
this has been done. search.

Does it matter if it has been done? I'm not on here every day....

Anyway now its been 'done" again :cool:

Is this a record? "0:19 up 59 mins, 2 users, load averages: 0.11 0.24 0.22"

rasp

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2005
Easthampton, MA
The best uptime I've ever seen first hand on a machine is a novel netware server at work, that was at over 450 days once. Then y2k comes along and we had to patch it...

As far as workstation uptime, I don't really worry about running them nonstop, they are rebooted often. But I do like knowing that it *can* run for weeks on end without a reboot if necessary.

My 2 macs are at less than 24 hours, and FWIW, the uptime tick stops while a machine is sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.