Urban Armor Gear case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Six8, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

2. Six8 thread starter macrumors 65816

Six8

3. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Does it come off and on easily?

4. Six8 thread starter macrumors 65816

Six8

No. Bout like a speck candy shell. Fits awesome, great protection. Much better than the magpul IMO. The screen protector that comes with it fits good but seems to show more fingerprints than the naked screen.

5. Six8 thread starter macrumors 65816

Six8

6. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Any chance of some pics?

7. Six8 thread starter macrumors 65816

Six8

Sure. He's a couple without the phone. I'll get some with it on my phone tonight. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Six8 thread starter macrumors 65816

Six8

9. Punkd macrumors newbie

Nice looking case. I may have to buy one. For those interested, here is a discount code for $10 off a purchase from the UAG website. Good thru June 17th.

UAGFATHERSDAY$10PROMO

10. danetello macrumors 6502

11. Six8 thread starter macrumors 65816

Six8

What happened to the iPad case post? Now my badass comment don't make sense lol

12. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Looks great. Thanks for the pics.

But as usual, not available in the UK.

13. fullfrontal macrumors newbie

Just got mine today from Amazon. I like the case overall (got the all black one). There are two things I dislike however:

1. The volume buttons are a little too recessed, so if you are trying to find the up and down volume while the phone is in your pocket, it proves to be a bit difficult.

2. The bottom lip bellow the home button is a little loose. Kind of reminds me of the Speck Candyshell when its wearing out. The front bottom lip is the first thing that breaks.

Other than that, cool case.

14. RickG macrumors regular

I received my all black version today from Amazon as well.... this case is awesome- it fits my Seidio holster perfectly which was a really great surprise- the only thing that could be better as was mentioned already is if the lower section was a bit more stiff as it does bend if you push it down but Im giving this case a very high score and will be using it with my holster - if you like the speck HD and the candyshell get one of these because you will not be disapointed and you will be different than everyone else out there.....

15. swiftbmx macrumors regular

What color is that?

16. Six8 thread starter macrumors 65816

Six8

17. Six8 thread starter macrumors 65816

Six8

18. swiftbmx macrumors regular

Well I magically found a NY seller who carried the case and picked it up today.

Pros:
    Very well built, nothing looks cheap on it. It's a mix of a Otterbox Commuter (without the 2-piece design) and a Speck Candyshell (for its side and back stiffness). Is thinner than a Candyshell for sure and it feels better in the hand. I love that it doesn't have an obnoxiously large camera hole like Speck cases. The case overall really stands out if you're looking to differentiate.

It's very different from the Magpul as far as construction, feel, and look go but you can draw some similarities due to protection. My reason for dropping Magpul was due to it still primarily feeling like a silicone case, this one is much stiffer. I love the back, the chrome lettering really sticks out in a clean and elegant way without being over the top. The headphone port and power buttons are nice and flush without a huge gap.

Cons:
    What already has been mentioned, I'm not a fan of the thin silicone they decided to use below the home button. It's not super flimsy but it doesn't feel all that great knowing how stiff the rest of the case is.

I wish it was just slightly more grippy. I wish the parts that were made of silicone on this case were from the Magpul or Speck materials. Also will also agree on the flush volume buttons. You can't feel them that easily if you're not looking.

Overall:
    Like the case, I only paid $28 which I think is a steal considering some companies that sell at the Apple Store think it's ok to charge $40+ for thin plastic pieces of junk cases. I'll use it for a few weeks before retiring it I'm sure.

I have owned over 50 cases easily for the iPhone 4/4s so if anyone is looking for a comparison, please ask because I've probably had it in my arsenal.

Here's some pics of the Aviator white with my white 4S.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80995077@N08/

19. Six8 thread starter macrumors 65816

Six8

20. Resolve macrumors newbie

If you don't mind me asking, which Seidio holster do you have?

21. RickG macrumors regular

its the seido holster that comes with the active x case

22. JSadler macrumors newbie

That's a tough looking case. My brother has one that's similar. Picked it up a hunting trade show...I believe it was a start-up type operation, so not sure what the name is. His is pretty durable, and looks really similar to this one.

23. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

I got my hands on all 6 colors. Love the case all around besides the bottom dock silicon not being reinforced. Other than that it's a perfect case so far.

[​IMG]

24. GolfnCPA macrumors member

GolfnCPA

Just got my Navigator from Amazon. This case is everything you could ask for. Excellent quality, appearance and durability.

25. steffi macrumors 6502a

In what way is this better than the Candyshells?