Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TouchSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Urban Tycoon (screenshots below) will be released on the App store next week!
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrNYVyFSd_k

The Apper Review: http://theapper.wordpress.com/2008/10/12/advance-exclusive-review-urbantycoon-v-10/

HawtApps: http://hawtapps.com/2008/10/08/early-look-at-urban-tycoon/

Urban Tycoon puts the city in your hands.. literally! Pinch and swipe your way through your city. The goal of Urban Tycoon is to build a financially flourishing metropolis that's environmentally safe and low on crime. As an urban tycoon you will have complete control of your urban area's budget... so spend it wisely.

Version 2.0 hits the app store in November. So get it while it's hot!

** Version 2.0 will bring **

- 3 exciting play modes

- Build your own maps!!

- Town hall menu to get feedback from your residents.

- Destroy buildings to free up land for development.

- More buildings

- Add city programs to help fight crime and pollution

- Descriptions of all buildings and their pro's / con's

***** UPDATE*******
Congratulations to all 20 winners of the Urban Tycoon giveaway!! Emails were sent out to all winners around midnight last night.

If you've entered please check your email for instructions on how to download and install onto your iPhone.

We will be doing a 2nd drawing on release date .. so if you've entered and didn't win this time.. your name is still in for the 2nd drawing.

-- NO MORE SUBMISSIONS PLEASE --

Urban Tycoon will be on sale in the AppStore next week for the low price of $1.99

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 116
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 136
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 119

TouchSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Sorry, just noticed PM's turned off... I've updated the first post with our Email address.

Sorry for the mixup.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Looks good. Tried to PM you for the contest, but you have PMs turned off.

Newbies who register with the sole intent to promote their app do not have PM rights. Actually, newbies who have been here less than 24 hours don't have PM rights. He will, so just wait a day. You'll read about that in the FAQ.

OP ... no offense but I would have released this news when the app is available. People aren't going to be inclined to remember you in a week.

Looks good though, if it's like the other Tycoon games it is sure to be a hit ... next week.

TouchSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Newbies who register with the sole intent to promote their app do not have PM rights. Actually, newbies who have been here less than 24 hours don't have PM rights. He will, so just wait a day. You'll read about that in the FAQ.

OP ... no offense but I would have released this news when the app is available. People aren't going to be inclined to remember you in a week.

Looks good though, if it's like the other Tycoon games it is sure to be a hit ... next week.

LOL, you are right Jessica! Thanks for the info on the PM system. Being a new developer .. and this being the first time I've ever released any type of product into the wild... I figured it would be nice to give advanced copies of the app.

I'm still learning all of this :D

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
Urban Tycoon (screenshots below) will be released on the App store next week!

To enter in the free drawing please email us at TouchSoft@me.com .... winners will be selected and contacted October 11th. You can also visit our forum's at http://www.touchsoft.proboards.com

Urban Tycoon will be on sale in the AppStore next week for the low price of $1.99

Can we change the title to reflect that this is contest for a chance to win a free copy of this application? The application itself isn't free.

TouchSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Can we change the title to reflect that this is contest for a chance to win a free copy of this application? The application itself isn't free.

I just tried to edit it.. but it won't let me change the title. Sorry if that came across misleading.

@chrisb3 - I'll try to get a youtube vid up a.s.a.p

TouchSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
I've been getting a few emails regarding why 2.0 is already being mentioned and 1.0 isn't out yet .... and why didn't we just wait and make 2.0 ... 1.0

Well here's the deal.. 1.0 had been complete for a long time (August) but I couldn't release the app due to finalizing legal stuff. During that time, myself and a small team started working on 2.0 which is an even more enhanced version of the game.

Because of the amount of work being put into 2.0 .... I decided to push it's release back to November... soooooo in the meantime I thought I should just release 1.0 as an introduction.

Plus 1.0 will be $1 cheaper than 2.0 ... so all those lucky enough to buy 1.0 will save some money.

TouchSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
LOL - you probably should have waited until there was a little more than just "coming soon." ;)

Soon is about 10 minutes from this post ... I have my server set to cache files for a certain amount of time.. it just hasn't refreshed since I made the final upload.

But thanks for visiting :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.