Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HoosierInFL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
Thought I'd share a few pics of my new Urbano Ultra Slim Sleeve for my 11.6" Macbook Air. It uses very nice leather and is very slim. I think it looks great, too!

For some reason, the last picture makes it seem as though the black stripes are not aligned, but they are when you look at it in person.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 402
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 237

letoast

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
I love what you've done to your MBA -- looks far more classy than it already was.

The sleeve is nice too, of course.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I believe that look will be the design Apple goes for with the 2012 MacBook Pro updates. I believe it will be similar width to the MBA, and will use a combination of Liquid Metal and Carbon Fiber for the case. I suspect this look is about what Apple will shoot for, as they need to move beyond aluminum in the sense of design and reducing weight.

There have been plenty of reports of carbon fiber and Liquid Metal uses in future Apple products, and the MBP needs the performance of the MBP with the weight and thinness of the MBA... and the MBA needs to use the 11 case and add a 13" LCD in it to basically eliminate the bezel. Footprint needs to be reduced next to show off the MBA's superiority in mobility and the bezels are currently absurd!

BTW, I love both products you're using with the MBA. Looks great! How much weight does the leather skin add? Does it offer much protection in the case of drops or is it really just scratch resistance protection?

HoosierInFL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
I believe that look will be the design Apple goes for with the 2012 MacBook Pro updates. I believe it will be similar width to the MBA, and will use a combination of Liquid Metal and Carbon Fiber for the case. I suspect this look is about what Apple will shoot for, as they need to move beyond aluminum in the sense of design and reducing weight.

There have been plenty of reports of carbon fiber and Liquid Metal uses in future Apple products, and the MBP needs the performance of the MBP with the weight and thinness of the MBA... and the MBA needs to use the 11 case and add a 13" LCD in it to basically eliminate the bezel. Footprint needs to be reduced next to show off the MBA's superiority in mobility and the bezels are currently absurd!

BTW, I love both products you're using with the MBA. Looks great! How much weight does the leather skin add? Does it offer much protection in the case of drops or is it really just scratch resistance protection?

The skin I'm using uses a leather look and feel, not carbon fiber. It is for scratch protection only. It added virtually no weight at all.

strwrsfrk

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2011
Arlington, VA, USA

It would be really fascinating to see Apple implement these new materials. I was skeptical of the aesthetics of a potential carbon-fiber lid, but if it turns out anything like this image, that would be nice. And I agree about the ridiculous bezel sizes on the Airs... in a 15" MBP it's not a big deal, but once you're down to 11", it becomes annoying.

But I think the idea that the MBP will improve performance-wise and become as thin and light as a MBA anywhere in the near future - even with the magic of Liquid Metal and carbon-fiber - is fanciful.

Not to stray too far off topic, though; the leather bag looks fantastic and the decal is wicked sexy. If I had a MBA, I would be all over that.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Here's mine - CF back by stickerboy off ebay and the suede sleeve is simple and a great fit from waterfield (sfbags.com). Two loops on sides make it simple to slip in. Your choice or horz or vertical entry.
bf2c7c17.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.