Urgent Advice Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Theather, Dec 12, 2007.

  1. Theather macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2007
    #1
    Hello guys ,

    I am interest to acquire a mac book pro , but we are in decembre Christmas season , my doubts are if i should buy it now or wait until january to see if will appear some new mac book pro , the mac book pro that i want is this one :

    Apple MacBook Pro 15": 2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Intel Core2 Duo T7700 2.40GHz com Tecnologia Intel Centrino Duo Mobile
    Cache: 4MB L2
    Memória: 2GB DDR2 667 (2x 1GB), Máx. 4GB
    Disco rígido: 160GB SATA (5400rpm)
    Drives: SuperDrive 8x (DVD±RW/CD-RW) Double Layer
    Ecran: TFT 15.4" WXGA+ (1440x900)
    Placa Gráfica: nVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
    Memória Placa Gráfica: 256MB GDDR3 (dedicada)
    Sistema Áudio: Entrada óptica de áudio digital / entrada de linha combinada

    Should I wait or should buy it ?

    Thx in advance

    btw : Sorry my lousy english
     
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

    mad jew

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2004
    Location:
    Adelaide, Australia
    #2
    What do you want to use it for? What are you currently using? Do you need it before Christmas? :)
     
  3. Theather thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2007
    #3
    well , i am starting to use for producing music and for djing ( live acts ) , i have to finished a project untill january ... my actual equipament does not correspond like i want will be a migration of windows to imac
     
  4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

    mad jew

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2004
    Location:
    Adelaide, Australia
    #4
    Sorry mate, are you saying your equipment won't work on the Mac?
     
  5. Theather thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2007
    #5
    No Mad jew , i am saying that the Imac is what i need , i have a LG ( Life is not good at all with this laptop) and have very several hardware fails , thats why i want to get a mac book pro :)
     
  6. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

    MACDRIVE

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2006
    Location:
    Clovis, California
    #6
    Off topic:

    Is your name Heather and are you a girl? :)
     
  7. scienide09 macrumors 65816

    scienide09

    Joined:
    May 5, 2007
    Location:
    Canada
    #7
    Quick, urgent, call the police! :rolleyes:

    If you can wait, then wait. If you're the kind of person that's gonna be upset if your computer is updated not long after you purchase, hold on until next month. There's a good possibility of some sort of change to the MBP line at MWSF in January.
    If you can't wait, buy something now. If you're not going to be pissed if the MBP line is updated next month, and will knows that you still have a functioning powerhouse that will take pretty much everything you throw at it for the next couple of years, then get one now either new or from the refurb store.

    BTW, welcome to the forums.
     

Share This Page