URGENT : any charge for install OS in mac book 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by smungara, Mar 7, 2010.

1. smungara macrumors newbie

Hi Guys
    I am having 13" mac book, frm 2 months i did not used that..so when i tried to power on last week giving some msg like "THe mac book not in use from 2months, so its unusable ...."

I handedover it in iStore they said that you need to pay Rs.3000/- to unlcok the firmware and installation OS.

I did not understand why they are charging me, i had APPLECARE PROTECTION PLAN, still i need to pay??

Please let me know ifyou guys went thru this..what covers under applecare protection plan

Thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

With iStore do you mean a real Apple Store or just some Apple Authorized Reseller?

That message seems a little bit like bogus, why would a Mac lock itself after a period of non-use?

Does your going to the iStore mean, that you couldn't use your gray restore DVDs that came with that Mac to re-install a system?

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Gotta be one of the strangest things I have ever heard

4. Hmac macrumors 68020

5. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Horse pucky - there's no such error message. A Macbook will not simply fail because it has not been used in a few weeks. At worst all you'll need to do is reset the system date if the battery has been flat for a long period.

Please try again and tell us EXACTLY the error message you're getting. However, if you have Applecare and there's a problem that has not been caused by you, yes you will be covered under your extended warranty - assuming you return it to Apple themselves.

6. smungara thread starter macrumors newbie

still struggling with

hi guys,
    thanks for ur response..still i am struggling with this issue.
    messeage" Thsi mac has been offline for more than 2 months as a result this mac has become unusable..."

its not allowing me todo anything..i spoke with istore guys they told me need to crack the firmware password and need to install fresh OS.

I dont understand why password need to crack and install OS??

any guess ??

7. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

:rolleyes:You should just throw the laptop away, you havent used it in 2 months anyway, plus you're getting scmammed somehow/way!:confused:

8. Hmac macrumors 68020

9. Love macrumors 68000

Love

10. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

That is the strangest thing I have ever heard. A quick Google search returned nothing. I'm wondering if this is even true...

11. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©