URGENT!! Cannot Access App Store

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by x0xCatriona, Oct 23, 2012.

1. x0xCatriona macrumors newbie

I am a Curriculum Support Technician in a Grammar School, a teacher has appraoched me this morning saying that she is unable to access the App Store on her iPad. She has entered the e-mail address and password correctly and has followed all of the instructions which the iPad had displayed, e.g. Turn of Location, etc.

Would someone be able to tell me she isn't able to access iTunes even after entering the correct e-mail and password and even following the troubleshoot instructions provided by the iPad.

If someone could help me ASAP as the iPad is needed for use in teaching and staff trianing today.

Thank-you.

2. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Going to need more detail of the exact error message she is receiving.

If she has entered her username and password correctly (if not, she'll have been prompted about this), it should, in theory, give her access to the store.

Why did she turn off location services? That shouldn't affect her ability to connect to iTunes. We need to know exactly what happens and what message is displayed, if any, when she taps on the iTunes icon.

3. x0xCatriona thread starter macrumors newbie

I am just going by what information she has told me. This is not a problem I am having myself.

An error message just appears saying "Cannot connect to the App Store" I think.

4. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

That would suggest she is not connected to the Internet, either through the 3G signal or Wifi.

5. Mr.Grey macrumors newbie

Make sure the iPad is connected to the school's WiFi or whatever network you guys connect to at the school.

6. x0xCatriona thread starter macrumors newbie

We have tried connecting to the school wifi and the school network. She told me that she had tried at home on her on wifi but was unable to connect to the app store.

The username and password is the same for all teachers and staff using the school iPads, and only one teacher seems to have this problem.

7. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Check the date and time on the iPad. If it is correct turn off automatic and change the date to 2015 or any year in the future. Access the iTunes Store. Then go back to settings and change the date back to today's date.

8. x0xCatriona thread starter macrumors newbie

9. x0xCatriona thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried changing the date and still am not successful. It only seems to be with this one iPad, my own works fine, so I know that the username and password is correct.

When I click on the App Store icon, it displays a message in a blue box saying "Cannot connect to the App Store." and then the app closes back to the home screen.

I know that it is connected to the wifi as Safari is working fine.

The teacher needs to access the App Store to update Apps for use in classes and staff training the afternoon!

10. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Try going to Settings/iTunes and App Store and sign out, and then in again.

If that doesn't work, try Settings/General/Reset/Reset All Settings. This will remove all saved names and passwords but content and apps won't be affected. You will have to enter the WIFI password and login to iTunes again.

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Did you try turning the iPad off (press power button until swipe to turn off comes up, then swipe), then on again.

12. x0xCatriona thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried all day, turned it off and on again a few times, still didn't work. Tried the date thing, still didn't work. Tried everything else.

Could it be a problem on the Apple side of things?