Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Groper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
Is there Mac software that can check that "Every reference in the text has a citation in the bibliography" and "Every citation in the bibliography is referred to in the text;"? I am about to submit a thesis originally written on a PC then switched and revised on a Macbook with Word 2008 for Mac. Hassles with citation software meant that the citations and large bibliography were done manually. Is there software that can check systematically and comprehensively? Many thanks for advice.

ssmed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2009
UK
For a computer based method (using Endnote for instance) I would make a dummy document with all the citations and then use your bibliography text to make the reference list and compare, otherwise (and that used by most proof readers) manually tick them off one by one.

Groper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
Many thanks. I am surprised and thought computers were ideal for such a job so that there would be either stand-alone software available or such an app would be part of the programs for bibliographies. Manual it is then...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.