URGENT! EDGE Data not being received - I have done everything possible

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Freedomflyer, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Freedomflyer macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I am leaving on a trip tomorrow and I don't know what I'm going to do without my iPhone's Interent connection, so thanks for help in advance.
    This is quite urgent, and any help is greatly appreciated (and rewarded with $10 to the right answer, if you have a paypal account!)

Here's the problem:
    My iPhone will not load internet pages, nor does it have an internet capabilities (i.e., whether, email, etc).
    When I try to access a page in Safari I get the "Safari could not find the server" error.

-It does not appear to be a hardware error. I was browsing the internet one night and all of the sudden it stopped.
    -I can still send and receive text and calls.
    -When I have tested to see if the interent will work, I have 5 bars and the battery is fully charged.

Here's what I have tried:
    -Toggling Airplane Mode
    -Reinstalling SIM Card
    -Resetting Network and iPhone settings
    -Hard Reset
    -Power Off
    -Updating Software/Syncing with iTunes
    -Hard Quitting Safari
    -Roaming
    -Restore
    -I HAVE CALLED AT&T AND APPLE (BOTH OF WHICH ENDED UP RECOMMENDING ME TO THE OTHER).

The Solution:
    You guys, I'm dying here. I cannot barely even use my iPhone without the internet, and it is slowly wasting my money. Please help me!

Thank you so much,
    fflyer

2. gazzzmoly macrumors regular

3. tonywob, Nov 28, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  4. Freedomflyer thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya I tried both of those, the reset network settings and the restore. I restored it today.
    Any other advice?!
    fflyer

5. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

6. Freedomflyer thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you think apple will do that? How long/what would be involved? Are there any other ways you guys think that I could fix it?
    fflyer

7. i-phone/touch l macrumors newbie

It Works Here Is How on the 1.1.1

get a new sim card from t-mobile and have them test it to get internet
    excess when it works on there phone than puting in your i-phone wait about half hour than u will be connected on to the net. APN=internet2.voicestream.com user=blank pw=blank i had the same problem as you i tryed everything nothing worked because my sim was scuffed up it did not work now works great