URGENT! Error copying media from drives

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Enrisan, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Enrisan macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I just got a new 17" Macbook Pro with the i7 processor, 500 GB 7200 RPM drive last week, it's my first Mac I've owned..loving it so far. Anyways, I'm facing a big problem that needs a solution fast.

I edited an independent feature film on my PC using Avid. I've made Quicktime movies and I now need to back up those files to my director's hard drive. Problem is her drive is a Mac drive and my drive is a NTFS drive. There are 4 QT files, one about 700 MB, the other three over 19 GB.
    When attempting to drag and drop the files from the PC drive to my Mac's desktop or other drive, I get the "Finder can't complete the operation because some data in "filename.mov" can't be read or written. Error code -36."
    I've searched on Google and read various threads and I haven't found a solution. I need to get these Quicktimes to my director ASAP.

I think it may be because the files are too large, I was able to successfully copy over the 700 MB file and a few other small files, but not the large ones. If it's a size limitation like the 2GB FAT32 issue, then I need a way to copy these files. This is really important.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help.

P.S.- Where do I see how fast my hard drive is (the RPM)?

2. Enrisan thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Enrisan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but I tried Paragon NTFS and Tuxera NTFS (I guess it's like MacFuse).
    Neither will let me copy all the media.

4. Szaka macrumors newbie