Urgent help! a progress bar is showing under apple logo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kenreaves, Apr 5, 2012.

1. kenreaves macrumors member

kenreaves

as i started cydia, it started updating its packages, during this process when i tried to add a new source.phone suddenly stopped responding, then i tried a hard reboot, after that its showing a progress bar under Apple's logo and its stuck on that screen. what should i do ?
    i have iphone 4 JB with iOS 5.0.1 and baseband is 1.59.00

any help would be highly appreiciated ....

2. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

Considering that 5.0.1 is not current, is there a way to restore to factory while maintaining 5.0.1?

Sorry more of an addendum to your problem rather than a solution.

3. kenreaves thread starter macrumors member

kenreaves

progress bar is stuck on zeero progress...i have no idea how to deal with this thing :(

4. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Is it a tethered JB?
    If yes, you need to reboot your device in pwnd-DFU mode, connected to iTunes.

5. kenreaves thread starter macrumors member

kenreaves

its untethered Because i don't need to plug it in on every boot, it works fine with different brands sim cards..
    and my phone is also not recognizing by both itunes (up to date version ) and diskaid. my data cable is working fine with the charger.

when ever i plug the cable in. phone stuck on apple logo with a progress bar with no activity at all :(

6. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

I haven't toyed with JB's for a while so I don't know the in and outs for iOS 5.x JB. However, try downloading the latest version of redsn0w, try the "Reboot" option and follow the instructions.

7. kenreaves thread starter macrumors member

kenreaves

hmm.i just downloaded " redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16 "..i m dealing with this tool very first time in my life.however its asking for a corresponding ipsw file. so I'm in middle of downloading " iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw "

let's see if it works

anyways Thanks for being kind with me

Thanks for your help, Appreciated :)

8. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

I strongly suggest you do a bit of research before restoring. You may have to do it eventually, but at this point, it seems a bit premature to go for such a radical procedure.

9. kenreaves thread starter macrumors member

kenreaves

hmm.yup you're right, but i have to take a risk in order to recover my phone :(
    i have tried recovery trick by pressing home button in order to enter in restore mode. itunes identified my phone now.so

is it safe for me to restore my phone from itunes as i'm using a JB iphone, will it effect to my network lock ?

because right now my phone is unlocked and i can use any sim card in my phone...

or REDSNOW is the only option to restore it ?

10. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

11. kenreaves thread starter macrumors member

kenreaves

I'm still downloading my custom ipsw file, that's why i didn't try it yet.
    i have read somewhere that restoring from itunes will effect on my network lock
    that's why i haven't tried itunes to restore my phone.i'm still waiting for the ipsw file.so i will try REDSNOW first :)

12. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

"Just Boot" won't restore your iPhone. It will just try to patch stuff in the ipsw and reboot your phone.
    Also, your version of Redsn0w is quite an old one. Try version 0.9.10b5c.

13. kenreaves thread starter macrumors member

kenreaves

just applied " Just boot " method.but nothing happened yet :(
    its still stuck on same screen
    ( Apple logo and under of that a progress bar with no activity )

any other clue to resolve this mystery ?