Urgent help - booting osx after boot camp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by OJcamden, Jun 8, 2010.

1. OJcamden macrumors newbie

urgent help req. I tried to set up boot camp on my mac. After partitioning the drive I restarted to install windows. Am now stuck on the "no bootable device -insert boot disc and press any key". Have tried inserting both the windows and my os x disc and nothing has happened. My cd slot loading drive doesn't usually work so I have a USB cd drive. Have tried both discs in both drives. If someone could tell me how I can restart my mac normally to get back to os x I would be extremely grateful.

2. xi mezmerize ix macrumors 6502a

xi mezmerize ix

When you turn ur mac on hold the control button (or maybe the option button...its one of them :confused:) and a screen should come up showing ur mac hd and ur bootcamp partition. select the mac hd and it should boot in os x. when it boots up go to preferences and make sure u pick the mac hd as the hd for ur computer to automaticallly boot with and not the xp partition.

I think i know what you did wrong when u installed xp. when it asks you how to format the partition in the windows setup screens you may have elected not to format. i did that when i first used bootcamp and i had the exact same issue. go to apple.com to find out how to exactly install windows using bootcamp. there is a pdf guide that gives you every little step and each is necessary for everything to work properly.