Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rugbydman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2009
Staffordshire, UK
Hi
I imported a massive folder instead of just one file. I realised and chose edit undo import. then I got messages saying hd was full so I force quit.
Now my hd is full, the files are not not in fcp. I can't see where to delete them

any help please, im away with work and desperately need to use fcp

AndyMacAndMic

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2017
Western Europe
Hi
I imported a massive folder instead of just one file. I realised and chose edit undo import. then I got messages saying hd was full so I force quit.
Now my hd is full, the files are not not in fcp. I can't see where to delete them

any help please, im away with work and desperately need to use fcp

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2018/11/09/skip-trash-delete-files-on-mac/

https://soundsupport.biz/2020/12/13/delete-a-file-immediately-on-your-mac-bypass-trash/#:~:text=A Keyboard Shortcut-,Click on the Finder icon on your Dock, then select,want to delete this file.

ssmed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2009
UK
This may not be possible, but consider starting up your computer in target disk mode and then have a good look around using another device. If you have CCC or a similar backup programme, making temporary backups space can disappear quicker than ice on a hot day and be very large when things go wrong. This way you can look carefully, copy files to another source in case you move the wrong thing and be generally safe.

Alternatively, make invisible files visible using terminal as that may give you information about any big temporary files and then google before deleting any.

Rugbydman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2009
Staffordshire, UK
This may not be possible, but consider starting up your computer in target disk mode and then have a good look around using another device. If you have CCC or a similar backup programme, making temporary backups space can disappear quicker than ice on a hot day and be very large when things go wrong. This way you can look carefully, copy files to another source in case you move the wrong thing and be generally safe.

Alternatively, make invisible files visible using terminal as that may give you information about any big temporary files and then google before deleting any.
Where should I look

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
It would help to know which version of MacOS andFCP you’re running. Any way: you can use e.g. Disk Inventory X to see which files occupy where space and delete them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.