URGENT HELP!!! iPhone 3GS 20min reboot during calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EarthNeutron, Jul 7, 2011.

1. EarthNeutron macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

YELP! So... I bought my 3gs last year in 2010 june 16gb black model. During an entire year of usage, I've noticed something really strange: my iPhone randomly rebooted during calls that are longer than 10 min. It has done this for about 4-5 times, but today was the worst. I was speaking to my cousin for more than 25min when my iPhone randomly rebooted for 20 MIN!?? WT>F?? Basically the Apple logo just stayed there for 20min or ever more.

NOTE(I've jailbroken my iPhone 2 weeks ago so the 20min reboot could have been caused by lockinfo/notifier and other jailbroken apps that take a lot of RAM

Anyway...I live in Romania (crappy country from over the seas)->you can tell that by just reading this text (it looks like a 10 y.o wrote it). So, my iPhone is still on warranty but WE DON't have Apple stores here, which means that if I'm going to take my phone to be replaced, I'll have to do it through Orange Shop(my iPhone won't be replaced but sent to Bucharest and repaired, which will take more than a month)

Has anyone encountered a problem like this?
    What do you think I should do?
    :apple:Cheers!:apple:

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Out of curiosity, have you tried removing the Jailbreak by restoring your phone and setting it up as new to see if the problem goes away?

If you haven't, then you might to.

3. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

it's seems that you haven't read my post entirely. I had this problem way before even jailbreaking my iPhone, it's just that now after jailbreaking it it's taking a loot longer for it to reboot (probably due to high ram usage and stuff).

4. mroddjob macrumors member

Haven't come across this behaviour before so can't bring any insight to that. 2 options I see:

Firstly I would suggest un-jailbreaking to see if this fixes the 20min reboot, if it does then the phone may just be on its way out. In which case the only thing you can do is get it sent for repair, (surely orange should give you a temporary phone while yours is getting fixed, may be even an iphone).

If it does solve to rebooting time problem then you have the decision on whether you can live with the rebooting after long phone calls. Are you planning on upgrading any time soon in which case it might be worth putting up with it. If you can't then again it has to go back to be repaired.

If it were me I would get it repaired while it's still under warranty, might be a bit of a pain now but you wouldn't want it to get worse after the warranty expires. Just remember to un-jailbreak so they can't blame it on that and refuse to fix it. :D

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I bolded what you said in your original post that would lead us to believe that this was caused by jailbreaking.

6. hypervish89 macrumors regular

Restore it and then set it up as a NEW IPHONE. And then, let us know what happens.

7. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

URGENT SOLUTIONS:

1. Restore as new. Test
    2. If still fail, to go Apple store.