URGent HELP iphone is stuck on apple logo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nikzy, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Nikzy macrumors newbie

Hi i wanted to delete all contacts on phone so looked it up on you tube the video said to delete content on phone and said would take upto 2 hours its now been 7hours but phone is stuck on apple icon at start up help please

2. SeaChange macrumors regular

Why would it take 2 hours to delete contacts?

3. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Was your phone jailbroken? If you have a jailbroken phone hitting erase all content and settings messes things up. You may need to go in DFU mode and do a restore.

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

That has nothing to do with JB. "Erase all content..." option is on every iPhone, stock or not. And, to OP, if you did that, it also erases the OS. Just go into iTunes and do a restore. Don't need to be in DFU mode.

5. Nikzy thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi yes the phone is jailbroken it stl looks like its trying to start up like it was lastnight. Even after pressing the two bottons it goes off but wen i put it back on it does the same thing. It not making a sound when i put the charger in either. Wil a restore on itunes delete all my aps?

6. Nikzy thread starter macrumors newbie

I have no idea its real silly that the iphone has no option to erase all contacts at once, thats why i had to do erase all content now i wish i had done in manually

7. Nikzy thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi whats a dfu mode?

8. shakeman0, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Ok, if your phone is jailbroken it DOES matter. It erases some of the JB. Ok, try plugging your phone into your computer, holding the sleep/wake button for 10 seconds, after that, continue holding the sleep/wake button and simultaneously hold the home button for another 10 seconds, next release the sleep wake button and hold just the home button for 15 seconds. Your iPhone should pop up in iTunes as an iPhone in recovery mode and you can restore it from there.

Is your iPhone unlocked or is it ok for you to factory restore? A restore will erase EVERYTHING on the phone. You will have to re-jailbreak. It will also change your iOS to 4.2.1. Do you have your SHSH blobs saved in Tiny Umbrella?

EDIT: This thread may get more help in the iPhone Hacks forum section.

9. Nikzy, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

Nikzy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes its unlocked

and what is tiny umbrella. Im sorry imvery new to this have only had my iphone for couple days

yes phone is unlocked and i dontwanna lose that if i restore 4.2.1 i wont be able to jail break nor unlock it cuz its not available yet. Is there another way

10. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Oh.... This may go beyond my level of expertise. I'd recommend posting a new thread on the iPhone Hacks section of the forum. I'm not an unlocker. As far as I know, there is no way to preserve the baseband unless you create a custom IPSW using redsn0w and then restoring it to that once you have it in DFU. Sorry I couldn't be more help...

Good luck,

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Again, highlighting the need to have a jailbreak only section...takes 5 post for people to remember that they've JB, which is kind of pertinent information.

12. Nikzy thread starter macrumors newbie

My husband has iphone4 and has 4.0.1 with itunes 10 can i use his itunes to posibbly restore to keep my 4.0.1? I have itunes 10.1. I really dont wanna lose option to unlock again after restore pls help

13. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

No. Apple uses SHSH security checks for allowing or denying you ability to restore. Generally, they only allow you to restore to the latest firmware, right now 4.2.1. If you were able to saved the old SHSH files when Apple was still allowing and sending them out, you can trick iTunes into allowing you to restore to firmware you have SHSH files saved. And, SHSH files are unique for each device and firmware version. Thus, you can't use someone else or for another firmware. Thus, if you want to restore to official 4.0.1, do you have SHSH files saved for your iPhone?