URGENT HELP NEED on MS word of all programs...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coolurjets, Apr 26, 2007.

1. coolurjets macrumors newbie

OK, I'm trying to finish an engineering project by tomorrow, its 1am and I've hit a snag.

By coursework demands all equations to be presented in the form of Mircosoft equation 3 in MS word. This is usualy done by going to insert, objects and then Equation 3 in word, but Word 2004 for Mac (student teacher edition) does not seem to have this feature.

Does anyone know how to get Microsoft equation in MS Word 2004 for mac?

If not then I'm screwed.

Cheers.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I have no idea about this problem, sorry...but try NeoOffice as I think that 'Math' does that...

3. Angrist macrumors 6502

I'm not 100% sure how it works for 2004, on v.X the equation editor is an additional installation.

IIRC on your install disk there's an "Extras" folder, and an "install additional components" application, run that, check the box for the equations.

For future use, you may want to look into LaTeX ... it does much better with equations than Word.

4. dhracer88 macrumors regular

Are you sure it's not an installable option? If not, then I second psychofreak's advice – NeoOffice's equation editor works well (far better than Word's IMO - faster + keyboard use). You can also grab the LaTeXit program to insert equations into other programs: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=3586911&postcount=25

5. coolurjets thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers, Ive got it now thanks. I re-installed the whole office with all extras and its there now. Heart attack over. Cheers again ;)