Urgent help needed! Bricked iphone!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DJEFFX, Oct 26, 2011.

1. DJEFFX macrumors newbie

I tried to unlock my iphone yesterday, it worked fine until after it restarted my iphone, cydia was gone?? so i was like wtf and jailbroke it again, but then it kept saying 'Preparing filesystem' so i tried to restore it like a dumbass and it got bricked, any help? any youtube tutorials that may help? i really want my iphone back. I tried literally all the videos on youtube and none of them worked, I tried to restore it using snowbreeze and making a custom firmware and it gave me 3149 error, if you could even just help me getting past that error it'd mean ALOT.
    Thank you guys! sorry for the bad language, I'm really pissed off at the moment.
    Regards,
    Ed

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Which phone do you have?
    Firmware version and baseband?

3. DJEFFX thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm very sorry for not making that clear, slipped my mind, it's and iPhone 3GS, firmware 4.3.3, baseband 6.15.00.
    Thanks.

4. mushtaqc macrumors newbie

Try Re flasing baseband... it worked for me.

How To Reflash 06.15.00 baseband
    Step 1) – The first thing you must do is download RedSn0w 0.9.9b6 which is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X from the iJailbreak Downloads Section.

Step 2) – When RedSn0w has downloaded you will need to launch RedSn0w.

Step 3) – Once RedSn0w is up and running you will need to click the Extras Button followed by the Select IPSW Button. Upon clicking the Select IPSW Button you will need to select your iPhone 3GS’ iOS firmware file (the firmware it is currently running… Replace with your firmmware version). If you do not have your iPhone 3GS’ firmware file please download it from the iJailbreak Downloads Section.

Step 4) – After you have selected the iPhone 3GS iOS firmware file you will need to go back to the main menu and click the Jailbreak Button.

Step 5) – You will now need to put your iPhone 3GS into DFU mode. Read the instructions and click the Next Button to begin the DFU mode process.

Step 6) – Once your iPhone 3GS in DFU mode, you can select options to customize the Jailbreak. You must select the Reflash baseband 15.06.00 and uncheck Install Cydia.
    Step 7) – After you have selected the Reflash 06.15.00 baseband option, click the Next Button and RedSn0w will begin re-jailbreaking/re-flashing your iPhone 3GS’ baseband.

When the process is ready to discover the iPhone 3GS should work properly, and what kind of 3G connectivity problems / service issues should be strengthened.

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Unless you have SHSH blob, you can restore to 4.3.3 because Apple stop signing it. So, here is what you need to do;

1. Download 3GS 4.1 onto your computer.
    2. Download tiny umbrella from your computer.
    3. Modify your hosts file by going to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc, then open hosts file. Open it in notepad, then at the bottom, there are 2 lines, take the # sign off. It should be
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    Save it.
    3. Hook up your phone to your computer.
    4. Open Itunes, Put your phone into DFU mode. Itunes will give you a message to tell you your phone is in recovery mode and it needs to restore. hit okay.
    5. Shift + restore (PC), Option + restore (Mac) and point to 4.1 firmware for Itunes to restore.
    6. At the end of the process, Itunes will give you a 1015 error. Hit okay, close Itunes.
    7. Open tiny umbrella, hit exit recovery. Your Iphone will boot up normally to emergency screen.
    8. From here, you can jailbreak and unlock your phone with Redsn0w & Ultrasn0w.

Good luck.

6. DJEFFX thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not familiar with what a SHSH Blog is however I've done everything you've told me to do and it's currently restoring, this is what happened earlier when I tried to restore it to 4.1, it got bricked, hopefully it'll work. Will get back to you when the process is done. Thank you.
    Regards,

----------

Everything went exactly as you said, except the end, the 'exit recovery' option in tiny umbrella is grayed out. Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Scratch that, it's gone to the emergency screen, what now?

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

That the good thing. You have successfuly restore your phone. Now, hactivate/jailbreak it with Redsn0w.

www.iclarified.com gives you tutorial on how to jailbreak it.

8. DJEFFX thread starter macrumors newbie

I hacktivated it via redsn0w and it still gives me the emergency screen?
    Thanks.

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

do you have old, inactive AT&T sum laying around? Pop it in, hook it up to iTunes and it will bring your phone to home screen.

10. DJEFFX thread starter macrumors newbie

No I don't sorry, I'm just looking for the old simcard that used to be in there, but is there no other way apart from the sim card way? I tried redsn0w and it isn't working.

11. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

12. DJEFFX thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, I managed to find the old simcard, everything worked perfectly, except Cydia is giving me a 'Preparing filesystem'. This is what made me restore the iPhone in the first place, help me out please? This thing is literally driving me crazy!
    Thanks.

13. DJEFFX thread starter macrumors newbie

It worked! thank you so much! I cannot thank you enough!
    Kind regards!
    -Ed

14. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

congrats!