Urgent Help Needed For Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by MontyB, Feb 15, 2010.

1. MontyB macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have just brought the new MacBook Pro version 10.6.2 I was told if I got a firewire which I did and connect to my old G4 I would be able to transfer files, I did this, well I thought I did, when I connected back to my MacBook Pro I had lost all the programs that came with it and when I click on for instant Disk Utility application I get the following message:

"You can't use this version of the application Disk Utility.app with this version of Mac OS X - You have Disk Utility.app 10.5.6"

It seems that the MacBook Pro is running the same as the G4 mac, is there anyway I can get the original settings back?
    :(

2. mdgolom macrumors 6502

I would suggest using the disks that came with the MBP and restore OS/X from there and rerun the migration assistant. I don't exactly remember the options, but look for some option that tells migration assistant to igmore OS files.

3. MontyB thread starter macrumors newbie

Haven't got any disks, just came in a box switched it on and went through instructions from there.

I get into Migration Assistant asks for my password but wont do anything, think it is rejecting the password - Any ideas??

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you bought it new, it comes with 2 disks, both which are in the disk box labeled 'Everything Else' in the long black case/sleeve.