Urgent help needed! Mac Outlook 2011 lost emails

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Triolé, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Triolé macrumors newbie

The server i am connected to just lost every email of mine. I searched for the files on User>Documents>Microsoft User Data>Office 2011 Identities and nothing is there. Only empty folders like 0M, 0T, 0B, etc...
    Where can i find my emails? Is there a PST or OST or something else hidden file somewhere?
    Thanks for the help.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

So the messages were deleted from the server, and it synced the deletions to Outlook on the Mac? I haven't used Outlook for a while but I think it should be no problem to restore the data file from Time Machine so you have a local copy, then export to .PST. Not sure about re-syncing them to server, someone else may have insight on that.

3. campyguy macrumors 68040

FYI Outlook 2011 doesn't use PST files - that ceased with Office 2008.

You'll find message files in your Documents folder. The typical path should be something like this:
    ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity/Data Records/Messages/0T/0B/0M - they're searchable by Spotlight unless you've excluded them.

That's what my directories look like, and I'm using IMAP - the messages and attachments are stored locally and on my servers.

Before hunting for those files, rebuild your directory by pressing and holding down the Option Key, then launching Outlook 2011. You'll be prompted to create a new identity - do that. Rebuilding fixes a multitude of ills...

4. gebrialsmith macrumors newbie

Lost emails in Outlook 2011 Mac

With depth analysis, I found that such kind of situation is raised due corruption in Mac Outlook backup i.e. OLM file. In this context, there is a need to start repair process for Outlook Mac file.