Urgent help needed please.. [Status - Not helped!!]

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HanMan5000, Jan 31, 2009.

1. HanMan5000 macrumors newbie

I am trying to download an app from the appstore.

When I try to get it from itunes I get:

"Store Credit unavailable

Due to a problem with the iTunes Store your credit balance is temporarily unavailable for use in purchasing music; you may continue purchasing using a different method of payment"

And when I try to get it on my iPhone I get:

" Cannot connect to the Store

A secure connection could not be established. Please check your date and time settings.

Can someone PLEASE help me? Thanks.

2. Acronym macrumors 68000

that means the last thing you tried to purchase went over the balance and you owe them money i have had this happen to me numerous of times cause an app has cost more then i had on my card.

you have to pay them back before you can download anything.....even the free apps

3. HanMan5000 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont even use credit cards, I use itunes cards that I buy from wall mart!!!!

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

That's what he meant

That's exactly what he meant, if you used a credit card then they wouldn't care and would keep charging you even if you had no money or were getting overdraft charges. BUT since you're using gift cards you are basically PREPAY, and you need to get some more credit on your account before you can purchase anything.

5. RED™ macrumors regular

RED™

Just so you know that it's not always a matter of money: I had that error message once (gift card left $190) but then I logged out my account, quit iTunes, restarted my mac and logged onto my iTunes account et voilà, I saw myself shopping again ;)

6. sinisternm macrumors newbie

hacked

i have a feeling someone pushed a button over at itunes er something or thet got hacked..i have seen way to many posts over the net from just the past 5 hours saying there getting this message too...just hold on guys i think theres nothing we can do but wait for apple to fix it :apple: