Urgent help needed: screen issue.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeiter, Mar 31, 2008.

1. zeiter macrumors 6502

Hey there,

I got my brand new macbook pro on March 21st. Since it's been already 10 days, I need to make a quick decision. I love this computer except one thing: YELLOW DISPLAY.

I do have the Samsung Panel 9c83. Unfortunately, I think there is some yellow issue at the bottom because when I do the test picture (white bar up, gray, white bar down), it's not the same at the top and at the bottom. Is the bottom screen supposed to a little more yellow than the top when you look at it normally or it's because I do have the yellow tint problem?

I know a lot of people call Apple and ask for a new computer. As I don't really need my computer right now for work, i could do this. I am wondering how much worse or lottery could I play before I get a LG 9c81 panel. Can I just ask them directly to send me one. They appear to be the ones with lesser problems. Can I just tell me to send me a new one until I find a good screen or after they send me a new one, they will say "it's enough"???

I dont know what to do....thanks guys!!

P.S. Are there any other test I could do? Would you guys want some pictures?

2. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

No. The yellow tinting is an issue that it seems all screens are having. I have a 9C81 and it doesn't have the problem, but I have heard that some are. But, I have also heard many more instances of the 9C83 having more issues.

As far as I know, you'll just have to take it to Apple and have them send you a new one. It'll just be luck of the draw on which screen you'll get. Just hope really hard! :)

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

do you notice it when you arent doing the test?

4. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

well spending over $2000 for a computer have a screen problem is kind of pointless....people buy a macbook pro for its screen and i do photography, i dont want a yellow problem

5. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

I feel there is something different...it looks warmer a little

6. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Trust me, I know. My fiancée does photography and if her screen were messed up she'd throw a fit. She'd scream at me for her screen being wrong.

Get a new one. Don't deal with crappy quality. We don't spend money on these for poor products.

7. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

well if its not really bothering you just keep it, who cares what the test shows

8. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

it is bothering me...when it looks whiter everywhere when im under windows though...it's weird....could any of you post some pictures of how the yellow tint issue is..i tried searching youtube for a video but didn't really find something worth anything....