URGENT HELP NEEDED WITH IPHONE 3GS - Wont Turn On

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DJEFFX, Aug 5, 2011.

1. DJEFFX macrumors newbie

Right okay, so today I picked up my iphone 3gs 16gb from the screen replacement shop as i just had the screen replaced due to a cracked screen, when i got home, the phone worked perfectly fine, about 20 minutes ago, i pressed the home button, and nothing happened, i knew exactly that my charge on the phone was around half full or so, i panicked and pressed the home button and sleep/wake button for 15 seconds, which is a hard reset i believe? again, nothing, with even more panic, i went to get my usb charger and connected it to my laptop, and yet again, nothing at all, not even itune recognises it, please help me, i already tried connecting it to my laptop and going into DFU mode but nothing happened, could it be the screen replacement places fault?? I am literally desperate for help.
    Please let me know
    thanks

2. hoagtech macrumors newbie

If your computer recognises it in itunes and restores properly. It would be a hardware related issue.

I would first open the phone and reconnect your lcd/headphone/digitiser (1,2,3)

Most of the time you should see white coming from a broken lcd. I would bet it either a loose connection or your water damaged iphone has finally caught up.

3. DJEFFX thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, Itunes doesn't recognize it. And my phone hasn't been anywhere near water, I've always had a silicone case around it and a screen protector most of the time.