urgent help needed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gazlow87, Sep 16, 2014.

1. gazlow87 macrumors newbie

I posted this last night but was cut off rather shortly.

I'm just needing some clarification for a fairly simple question. I've tried researching and I'm unable to find an accurate answer.

Is there an application for iphone that when a photo folder is opened, it will automatically start taking photos of the person using their phone?

I know of apps that exist that will take photos of the 'intruder' when a a passcode is incorrectly entered a number of times, but is anyone aware of an app that will take photos of the person using the phone just because a specific folder is opened?

Any clarification is greatly appreciated.

2. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Not for iOS,They can do it on Android though. Maybe if your phone is jailbroken there could be an app but I don't recall ever seeing one.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

Only if you are jailbroken. Tonight is your last chance for that.

4. gazlow87 thread starter macrumors newbie

You don't happen to know the name of the app off the top of your head do you?

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

iCaughtU

Is this what you need?

Attached Files:

6. gazlow87 thread starter macrumors newbie

much appreciated. I'll look into whether or not it will take photos automatically or only when a passcode is entered incorrectly. Cheers mate.

7. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

My question is: Why do you need pictures of someone who looks at photos on their own phone?

Your answer may help decide how long your thread remains open. :D

8. nfl46 macrumors 603

Awesome. You may want the Pro version, though. It does more of what you may need.

Attached Files:

9. nostresshere macrumors 68030

1 - So, everytime you go to show your pictures to somebody, it will start taking a picture of YOU?

2 - If you have a question, then ask it in the title.

3 - What makes your request URGENT?

10. RyanG macrumors 6502

shouldn't store n00ds on the phone bro. transfer and delete

11. gazlow87 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've had a complaint about me that I misused someone's phone when I had it in my possession. Lawfully and above board along with the passcode written down by the owner of the phone.
    The owner who reported me to the Police stated that i looked through a particular folder on the phone and that particular folder when opened automatically starts taking photos of the person using the phone.

I'm just curious to know whether or not this is the case or whether the owner of the phone has embellished the story a little.

----------

It's a police complaint and i'm trying to exhonerate myself because I believe the person reporting me is lying but I'm not tech savvy enough to prove my point lol.

12. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Are you still in high school? Legitimate question. Just wondering.

13. gazlow87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nah I'm not in high school. This is so pathetic it feels like I still am.

14. stevemiller macrumors 68000

if you didn't go into the folder they accuse you of, it wouldn't matter if they were ********ting or not, as there would be no pictures... right?

15. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Let's see if I get this right...
    You borrowed a phone from someone else, supposedly with their full knowledge.
    And, they had expectation that anyone who used their phone would snoop through the various pictures on their phone. (Why would you do that, anyway?)
    So, THEY had some kind of protection on the phone which takes pictures of whoever is holding the phone when certain pictures are viewed.

And - you fell for it…
    And (I'm guessing here) police have been told that you didn't have permission to have the phone in the first place.

All sounds bogus to me…

16. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

His first post yesterday.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=19709949&postcount=1

Something is fishy.

17. james92se macrumors 6502a

I have a hard time believing any law enforcement agency would even create a police report over a petty civil issue like this and even at that then genuinely investigate such a complaint.