Urgent help needed...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GODSPD, Mar 10, 2015.

1. GODSPD macrumors newbie

Hi All,

My brother recently passed away unexpectedly and we needs to get into his iPhone 4S running iOS 8, the only problem is that no one knows the unlock password, so what can I do?

I owned iPhones and was highly involved with the jailbreak scene so i know my way around the iPhone, all I can currently think of to gain access and not loose the data is to do the following:

Put the phone into recovery mode, and plug into itunes for a update and restore option?

Please give me your opinions and comments before i go ahead with this step as we cannot loose what's on the phone...

2. Jtludwig macrumors 6502

I'm sorry to say it, but there is no way to access the data without the passcode.

3. GODSPD thread starter macrumors newbie

I know there is for sure as it could be done on previous iOS versions, i know most the exploits now are done via Siri and there was a method putting the phone into recovery mode ...

4. Jtludwig macrumors 6502

Believe what you want, but I'm telling you there isn't.

I'm sorry for your loss and can appreciate what you are trying to do, but there simply is no way without the passcode.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

New one on me, but then I've only been around jailbreaking since 2011. Pangu's exploit was through a revoked website certificate and Evasi0n was a daisy chain of exploits, none of which was SIRI.

Then you will know that once you do that and the phone reboots it's going to want your deceased brother's Apple ID and password before you even get to a pin lock.

You have that?

6. Jtludwig macrumors 6502

Right...but going this route would erase all the data on the phone. It sounded like the OP wanted to try and preserve that data.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You are correct. But it was the OP that put forth recovery mode and an update and restore as options

OP was highly involved with the jailbreak scene and knows his way around the iPhone so I have to assume OP knows something we do not that will allow the data to survive a restore.

8. GODSPD thread starter macrumors newbie

But once the phone is in recovery mode and itunes detects this it should (or it used to) ask if you want to back up and restore the phone, it will then copy the data into itunes, reset, update the phone and after the phone boots into itunes it will restore the data?

----------

There was a method a while back, when I owned an iphone, the Siri exploits are simple and old, you can view messages, calendar notes, and even make certain calls with the right voice commands and it wont require a passcode. try "show last message from 'name'" or "show upcoming events" ect... there are plenty of voice activated ways to access data without passcode, but i need full access and not partial.

9. jdblas69 macrumors regular

10. GODSPD thread starter macrumors newbie

11. Jtludwig macrumors 6502

12. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

13. GODSPD thread starter macrumors newbie

14. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

15. GODSPD thread starter macrumors newbie

16. woodynorman macrumors 6502