Urgent Help Needed...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PaulAshcroft25, Oct 12, 2009.

1. PaulAshcroft25 macrumors member

I jailbroke my 3GS yesterday with Blackrain and I updated to 3.1.2. Today, my phone just turned itself off and it comes up with the appled logo for about 10 seconds and just goes off. I have tried putting it into DFU and recovery mode but when I try to restore via Itunes it comes up saying failed and then just goes back to recovery mode. I downloaded the iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.zip file but how to I manually select this via Itunes. I have done where you press shift but how do I save this zip file into a IPSW. Or do I need a custom restore for blackrain...Help I'm confussed.

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

it's not supposed to be a .zip file. Just change .zip to .ipsw

3. PaulAshcroft25 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks I have managed to figure that out, It comes up saying after it tries to restore in itunes: An unknown error has occured...the iphone cannot be restored.

4. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Generally you have to extract the file from the .zip. I don't think changing the extension works.

Unless there's something I'm unaware of here.

5. PaulAshcroft25 thread starter macrumors member

Iphone now keeps trying to restart, the Apple logo then fades out....and so on.

6. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Did you download the ispw on safari or firefox?

7. PaulAshcroft25 thread starter macrumors member

I downloaded it through I.E....Im starting to **** myself now...there is nothing I can seem to do to get the iphone back on...never mind restore it. Please help!!!

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Ouch !

Another satisfied Blackra1n customer !

If you can get the phone into recovery mode (Goggle to learn how) you should be able to restore to official 3.1.2

Good luck

9. PaulAshcroft25 thread starter macrumors member

No...It wont even let me use the official one...is there a custom one I can try. Just keeps coming up with error(9). The app I had from Cydia was that Winterbord. Cydia did ask me to keep my ECID for 3.1 shall I tryin installing that?

10. PaulAshcroft25 thread starter macrumors member

Can someone please explain when I loaded Cydia for the 1st time, it asked my to store my Ecid to which I did. How do I retrieve the downgrade?