URGENT HELP! phone volume disappeared?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ry., Jul 23, 2012.

1. Ry. macrumors member

Hello There!

Long story short, I dropped my iphone 4 in a basin of water earlier. I immediately turned off the phone, but for some weird reason, it came straight back on. again, I powered it off, up came the black screen, then the circular loading icon, then apple logo, then back to the home screen. The phone wont turn off.

I then went to test the speakers using ipod app, and the volume bar has disappeared. Youtube also. The speakers do still work though as when I go into sounds from the settings app, it lets me adjust the ringtone volume, which plays fine through the speakers.

I tried using the side volume buttons but It just comes up with the ringer logo with no increase/decrease bars.

I use my iphone as my alarm clock so I need to fix this urgently. I plugged the phone into speakers but there is no volume bar so no sound even out the external speakers.

Since the ringtone volume works through the phone speakers im guessing its a software issue that happened when the phone went in the water?

Any help/suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks.

2. jwjsr macrumors 6502

jwjsr

3. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

If you have a backup from before the phone got wet, I'd try erasing it and restoring it either from the backup or as new to see if that helps. If it doesn't, I'd pay a visit to an Apple store.

4. jwjsr macrumors 6502

jwjsr

yeah verified mine thinks its sitting in the dock. I can select the airpor base station option option but it won't let me just remove the checkmark beside dock connector.