URGENT HELP PLEASE! Iphone pictures...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MarkGreen, Aug 20, 2011.

1. MarkGreen macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I currently really need some help regarding my iphone, and would greatly appreciate it if somebody could help me out!

My best friend is taking my iphone with him for the day in two days on a trip. He's using it to take some photos of his trip, so that I can see them when he brings my phone back to me! However, knowing him, he always deletes half of the photos because he doesn't think he looks nice in them e.t.c haha!

But I want to see all the photos he takes, even if he does delete them, like I tell him not to.

So is there any way, when he gives my phone back, I can either retrieve any deleted photos (bearing in mind there will be no backup or it won't be synced), or if there's a seperate folder on the phone I can create so that when he deletes them, they won't actually be off the phone, but instead will just secretly move to a different photo folder?

My computer is Windows, not a mac.

The iphone is a 3g

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm quite new to this stuff!

Thanks,
    Mark

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Nope.

I dont even think anything would be available thro a jailbroken phone.

Maybe someone who uses a jb phone can correct me.

3. EddyP macrumors 6502

Just tell him not to delete them. Make sure you have enough free space on there to he will have plenty of room and no reason to delete them.

But I have a feeling this is more about trying to catch somebody up to no good as opposed to seeing the pictures of the trip.

4. MarkGreen thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, well thanks for the advice :)
    Also, the phone is not jailbroken :)

5. blunti macrumors 6502a

exactly what came to my mind...

6. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

If you're willing to jailbreak, there's several apps you can use to lock the Photos application. I'm not sure how that would work with the in-camera access to the camera roll but its worth a shot.

Whether or not this will deter him from taking photos in the first place is another problem entirely.

7. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Swag; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If you are on IOS 5 and have another iDevice, you can use iCloud to see them before he deletes them.

8. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

He also needs to be a developer.

9. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

iphone 3g is allowed to update till ios 4.2.1

10. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Ok so o get this straight- you are giving your phone to someone so they can take pictures on for a few days. Firstly odd story and find it hard to believe, but I need to ask. How do you plan to communicate with people while your friend is using your phone as a camera?

Can I take a guess here:

Nude pictures have been taken and the person caught you, our you told them let me take and I will delete and now you want them back- just guessing. But please please tell us the truth.

11. ryguy2303 macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

lol

12. MarkGreen thread starter macrumors newbie

What haha? It's nothign to do with that - I assure you! As it turns out it looks like this isn't possible anyway - so don't worry! :)

Thanks anyway! :)

13. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

lol kind of an elaborate story to hide something, could of said i deleted a bunch of pics by mistake and didn't have a backup, but still a very weird story

14. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

while this is technically possible (law enforcement can do it, for example), doing so is beyond the scope of just about anyone you would run into here on macrumors, and would likely require special software and/or hardware to accomplish

15. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

If the guy takes a few pics that he does not want you to see ... why do you care?

a bit nosy are we?

16. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

17. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

This whole thing is so weird to me. So what if he deletes some pics he doesn't like? Why do you need to see EVERYTHING from this trip?? Very, very odd. Don't either of you have a camera? Make him use a camera with film and then you can develop it - no way for him to delete pics off of a camera with real film!