Urgent help required

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MadTester, Aug 29, 2012.

1. MadTester macrumors regular

MadTester

Hi All,

Have been working away on some stuff on my 15" early 2011 mbp... (purchased in October last year), all of a sudden it's just died... I was running smc fan control temp was around 42 degree mark.

Have tried numerous times to start it up but the od just whirrs and then nothing. I am soooo annoyed as my last time machine drive hasstarted playing up so I daren't use it... ordered a new 1TB drive to replace the old one and now this happens... words can not explain how i feel at the moment....

Any one have any ideas how I can at least get the machine to switch on?

:mad:

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you tried any of these steps?

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

3. MadTester thread starter macrumors regular

MadTester

I've done the SMC and PRam reset... no joy...... I've just called Apple... I'm annoyed as I have work files and tools on my machine which I will probably lose and set me back 2-3 $%%^%$ months!!! (apologies.. just soooooo annoyed).

Someone is coming to pick it up from my house (when i get home)... the fact that i was working on some test files at the time is not only frustrating and gutting it has just made my blood boil..... :(

thanks anyway... I just hope I get it back without any serious repercussions....

now i have to spend my time on this archaic windows desktop....

4. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

Is this your only computer ? If not just open the MacBook up take out the hard drive and copy your information to another computer

5. MadTester, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012

MadTester thread starter macrumors regular

MadTester

no it's not, but as I am at work and can't do much else until i get home and it's my work machine... UMBP... I have the files backed up, but some of the software I use connect to license servers on my vm's (on the now dead machine) which have the relevant allocated virtual mac addresses.....

6. simsaladimbamba

Does that mean, you have done the rest of those steps too or only those two you mentioned? Because if it is the latter, there might be still hope.

7. MadTester thread starter macrumors regular

MadTester

as I've said the machine is basically non usable. I have used macs for the past 10 years and owned since 2007..... so it's gone the pram etc resets will only work if there is enough power to actually spin up the hd?.... there is something drastically wrong......