URGENT help Springboard.app deleted!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nicholas6310, Dec 9, 2010.

1. nicholas6310 macrumors newbie

Sorry guys, but I am in a real bind here. My friend, the douche, borrow my iPhone and was playing around with it, and when plugging on the computer, he accidentally deletes a file of the Springboard.app, and now altogether they won't show up, and my 3GS wouldn't boot up anymore. I checked using iPhone Explorer, and the whole folder Springboard.app isn't there. I am a novice when it comes to the device, so if anyone can upload theirs, and show me how to put it back into the phone step by step, it would be much appreciated. Thanks. I am expecting some phone calls now, and any quick help will be best. I haven't backed up the phone in a while, so I don't want to lose everything. Thanks again.

P.S.: it is iPhone 3GS, 32gb, running on 4.0, jailbreak with JailBreakMe. I tried to restart it, but now only the Apple icon shows up then the small circle starts running for like 15 mins, and it shuts off by itself.

2. transam7816 macrumors regular

im pretty sure springboard.app is unique to each device. just do a dfu restore. everything will be gone but it would be best since you're waiting on important calls

3. nicholas6310 thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem is, I don't have my stuff with me now, so no custom firmware to restore it. Does anyone have a guide to unlock on 4.1 maybe?